MA in Political Science and International Relations at Nazarbayev University, KazakhstanMaster 19.02.2018
Deadline: 30 April 2018
Open to: international students
Scholarship: a fee waiver and a monthly stipend (100 000 KZT) for Kazakhstani citizens; merit-based NU scholarship (up to 100% waived tuition) may be available for international students; and accommodation on campus (if needed)
Nazarbayev University is accepting applications for an exciting Master of Arts in Political Science and International Relations (MAPSIR) degree program that is designed to train the next generation of highly qualified political scientists and government experts to meet national and global challenges. Launched in 2014, it currently has 16 graduate students. 90% of MAPSIR graduates have found high-skilled jobs or enrolled in the prestigious graduate programs within 6 months of graduation.
About the Program
- The first world-class graduate level political science and international relations program in Kazakhstan
- 2-year funded all-English MA program with the study abroad possibility
- Taught by internationally recognized faculty drawn from North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia
- Advised and actively supported by the partnership with the Political Science Department of the University of Wisconsin-Madison (USA), ranked 15th nationally
- Focus on international relations, comparative politics, and Eurasian politics and societies
- Advanced academic training for pursuing careers in government, international organizations, academia, or other fields related to governance and policy
- Study in Astana, at the heart of Eurasia, with unparalleled access to government agencies, international organizations and foreign diplomats
- Campus with modern facilities, labs, library, sports center, housing based on need, and a monthly stipend 100,000 tenge for Kazakhstani citizens
- Awards “Master of Arts in Political Science and International Relations” degree
- Limited number of merit-based scholarships and discounted tuition fees for international students
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- To be considered for the MAPSIR program, you must have at least a Bachelor’s degree in any subject.
- An applicant can be a graduate of humanities and social sciences as well as or other specialties. Students enrolled in the program have undergraduate degrees in in journalism, economics, jurisprudence, and foreign languages.
- For IELTS, a minimum score of 7.0 (with sub-scores not lower than 6.0) is required. For TOEFL, the accepted minimum score is 600 (paper-based test) or 100 (internet-based test, with a minimum 21 in each section). Conditional acceptance may be granted to candidates with IELTS scores of 6.5 as long as they meet the minimum score requirement of 7.0 in a test retake by the end of the first semester of enrollment. However, due to the highly competitive nature of the program, the chances of receiving a conditional offer are very low.
Candidates who obtained a Bachelor’s or a prior Master’s degree or equivalent from a foreign educational institution where English is the primary language of instruction are exempted from the TOEFL/IELTS requirement.
A fee waiver and a monthly stipend (100 000 KZT) for Kazakhstani citizens; merit-based NU scholarship (up to 100% waived tuition) may be available for international students; and accommodation on campus (if needed)
- A duly completed online application form
- Personal essay
- Three confidential letters of recommendation
- Notarized copy of Bachelor’s or other degree diplomas if available, OR notarized copy (-ies) of official transcript alone when the degree diploma has not yet been received
- Notarized copy of passport or identity card
- Valid GRE test report (preferred)
- Language proficiency test reports (IELTS or TOEFL) valid as of the commencement of the MAPSIR program (for non-native English speakers)
- An essay in English with thoughtful answers in response to the essay questions provided in the application form
In order to apply, register HERE.