2019 MEXT Scholarship for Post-graduate Research in JapanMaster 12.06.2018
The Government of Japan opens opportunities for its Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) Scholarship Programme for graduate-level research in Japan in 2019-2021.
- Applicants can submit applications at Japanese diplomatic missions in their home countries.
- Holder of Bachelor’s degree from a tertiary academic institution with above average GPA
- 34 years of age or younger as of 1 April, 2018
- Physically and mentally sound
- Willing to learn about Japanese language and culture and to enhance Japan-South Sudan bilateral relationship
Terms of Scholarship
- Recipients will attend 6-month Japanese language lessons and at least 1.5 years of post-graduate research programmes. Those who are proficient in Japanese will be exempt from the language lessons.
- Fees pertaining to the entrance exam, matriculation, and tuition at the host university, and fares for round-trip tickets will be covered by the Government of Japan.
- Monthly allowance of JPY 143,000 will be provided from April 2019 through March 2021.
- Scholarship recipients must take an oath on a set of regulations prior to their dispatch.
Documents to be submitted *Submit the original copy and two photocopies as per the Guidelines
- Application Form1
- Placement Preference Form2 – Candidates who have passed the subsequent interview must secure a Letter of Acceptance from the preferred institution(s) on their own.
- Medical Examination Form3
- Study Plan4 – detailed description of research field(s) of choice with clear achievement goals
- Letter of Recommendation5 from a previous academic instructor or chancellor of alma mater
- Letter of Recommendation from a supervisor, if currently employed
- Diploma from the last school of attendance – photocopies to be attested to by the school authority
- Transcript from the last school of attendance
- Summary of the previously-authored graduation thesis, if any.
- Three mug-shot photos, 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm
Forms 1-5, and the Guidelines, available in print at the Embassy, are to be strictly followed.
Hard copy submissions are to be made at the Embassy’s reception by at noon on 6th July, 2018 (Fri).
Those who pass the initial screening will be called in for the English and the Japanese language examinations and an oral interview with the selection committee.