Call for Applications: Raman–Charpak Fellowship by Indo French CentreMaster 01.04.2020
The Raman–Charpak Fellowship programme is in honour of two Nobel Laureates in Physics, Prof C.V. Raman, Indian Nobel Laureate (1930) and Prof Georges Charpak, French Nobel Laureate (1992). The Fellowship was launched during the State visit of the President of France to India during in February, 2013. The aim is to facilitate the exchange of doctoral students between the two countries, in order to broaden the scope and depth of future engagements in Science, Technology and Innovation.
This programme implemented by the Indo French Centre for Promotion of Advanced Research (IFCPAR/ CEFIPRA) aims at improving the doctoral skills of Indian and French students by providing them an opportunity to carry out part of their research work in a University / Research & Development Institute based in France or India respectively. This programme is now also open to French Master Students, who wish to spend some time in India in accordance to their curriculum. It aims at improving the Masters skills of French students by providing them an opportunity to carry out internship work in a University / Research Institute based in India.
- Applicants from India must be Indian citizens residing in India and have registered for a PhD in a recognized university or research institution in India
- Applicants from France must be residing in France and have registered for a PhD/ Master’s degree in a recognized university or research institution in France
- Maximum age 30 years as on 1st April of the call year
- Students once supported by CEFIPRA and students who have a permanent position in institutions/universities are not eligible
- Pre-authorization or prior consent from his/her Institute / University to apply for a foreign fellowship program
- For Indian Fellow:Fellowship Support of 1500 Euros per month for daily expenses, local travel, accommodation charges plus Social Security charges
- For French Fellow: Fellowship support Rs. 40,000 per month for daily expenses, local travel etc. plus accommodation charges not exceeding Rs. 45,000 per month
- One return airfare ticket in economy class
- Insurance coverage (travel & health) wherever is required & Carte de Sejour (if any)
- Support for attending conference/seminar /workshop during stay (please see guidelines for details)
For more information website