Vacancy for Predoctoral Researcher for H2020 URBAN_X Project in Barcelona, SpainMaster 05.04.2020
Deadline: 15 april 2020 at 17:00 CET
Venue: Barcelona - Campus Mar
The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for:
We are looking for a predoctoral researcher to join the URBAN-X team, to fulfil the following tasks:
- Coordinate the adaptation of existing protocols of urban exposome estimates developed under the HELIX and LifeCycle projects, for use in the setting of the Czech cohorts.
- Work directly with scientists on-site and European collaborators to coordinate urban exposome research in the Czech Republic.
- Supervision of exchange students in urban exposome methods and protocols.
- Interpret and discuss the results with other members of the project.
- Write scientific papers in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Preparation of project deliverables.
- Present results in scientific conferences and meetings.
- Additional responsibilities and/or duties as found relevant and necessary during the course of the project .
Main duties and tasks:
Training and experience:
- Master in Public Health, epidemiology or other related discipline.
- Several years’ experience in urban environment and health research.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical software’s (R, STATA, etc).
- Advanced knowledge of statistical modelling.
- Experience in data management.
- Self-motivation, eagerness to grow professionally and commitment to self-development
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Teamplayer, yet capable of working autonomously.
- Rational thinker.
- English (written and spoken)
- Duration: 8 months.
- Starting date: 1st of May 2020.