Call for Papers for the Article for UNODC Youth Initiative MagazineNews 22.05.2017
Call for Papers for the Article for UNODC Youth Initiative Magazine
Deadline: 5th June 2017;
Open to: participants of UNODC Youth Initiative Youth Forum,members of youth-led, youth-focused and other organizations, especially those that received Drug Abuse Prevention Centre (DAPC) Grants, or any individual (activist) working in the field of drug use and/or abuse prevention;
Youth Initiative Magazine appeared as a result of this year's Youth Forum organized by United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Youth Initiative, which gathers the most active youth engaged in drug use prevention and health promotion from around the globe every year, aiming at providing them with an opportunity to exchange ideas and visions concerning the improvement of health protection and well-being of their peers, and support them in conveying their message to the global level policy makers.
We strongly believe that, it is integral to give the chance to you, leaders in the field of drug use prevention and health promotion, to tell your story and share your experience with others, by writing a short article for the UNODC Youth Initiative Magazine.
The article should contain between 500 and 750 words, and should answer to the following questions:
- Why was it important for you/the organization you are a member of to fight against drug use and/or abuse problem?
- Which activity(ies) did you/the organization you are a member of implement in the field of drug use and/or abuse prevention? Describe them.
- How did that activity(ies) contribute to the process of drug use and/or abuse prevention? What were the main outcomes?
- How did the UNODC Youth Initiative help you while implementing the activity(ies)? (if relevant)
- What is your personal message for all those that are working in the field of drug use and/or abuse prevention?
- What kind of shortfalls has been existing within campaigns against drug abuse among youth? In what way would you conduce to the eradication of problems in this field and what do you think should be done regarding this issue in the next period?
With regard to the general guidelines, please, note that, the body text should be written in Arial (12pt), with 1.5 interlinear spacing and Harvard referencing style should be used for citation and quotations. If all the information regarding drug abuse prevention taken from a legislative act has been clearly stated in the content, citations are not deemed compulsory. For further information on Harvard referencing style, please, click the link shared: http://www.citethisforme.com/harvard-referencing
The article has to be consist of three major parts: introduction, body text and conclusion. Introduction part should give brief general information on the importance of drug abuse prevention among youth, topicality of the theme written, the purpose and methodologies regarding the article. Body text might be divided into manifold paragraphs depending on the context and structure of the article. New suggestions, the experiences on fight against drug trafficking considered ideal, fields on which youth put maximum efforts so as to prevent the problem, etc. should be depicted in the conclusion. We would like to kindly ask you to take into consideration that, plagiarism is strictly prohibited, furthermore.
Please feel free to express your opinion, share your knowledge and write creatively, honestly and passionately!
The final version of the article should be sent to the following E-mail address, no later than June 5th: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you need any additional information, do not hesitate to contact us via the aforementioned e-mail address.
We sincerely hope that you will contribute to the quality of the first issue of the UNODC Youth Initiative Magazine.
UNODC Youth Initiative Magazine