Postdoctoral Fellowship Program at Helmholtz Zentrum München, GermanyPhD 18.04.2017
The Helmholtz Zentrum München in Munich, Germany, is member of one of the leading research associations in Europe - the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers. The aim of our research is to proactively detect health risks involving humans and the environment, decoding the mechanisms of pathogenesis and developing concepts for prevention and therapy.
Postdoctoral Fellowship Program at Helmholtz Zentrum München, Germany:
Postdoctoral positions – life sciences (f/m) 2017/0144
Helmholtz Zentrum München announces the third call of its international Postdoctoral Fellowship Program. The program supports up to 8 highly talented postdocs in the development of a competitive scientific profile for a successful scientific career in academic research or industry.
Fully funded postdoctoral positions available in the following research areas:
- Stem Cells
- Big-Data-Projects in either of the above
Talented postdocs who are accepted into the three-year program will receive a fully funded postdoctoral position at the respective institute. They will focus on a research project and will be integrated into international and interdisciplinary research groups at the Center.
We welcome applications from highly qualified and motivated early-career scientists of all nationalities who have received a doctoral degree within the last three years or who will receive their doctoral degree by the start of the program and who have not been recruited to the Center for more than 6 months.
- PhD or equivalent degree in biological sciences, chemistry, bioinformatics, physics, mathematics, veterinary or human medicine or related life sciences
- Strong interest in basic and translational research
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent English skills
- Scientific projects in interdisciplinary research teams at one of the leading Centers for health and environment research
- Postdoctoral positions may initially be limited to a period of two years. In case of acceptance into the program the contract will be extended to a period of up to three years (legal requirements must be fulfilled)
- Individual career development plan, coaching and mentoring
- Individual support for grant application and travel grants
- Joint training modules for leadership skills
We look forward to receiving your complete application exclusively via our online application platform by April 30, 2017.
The Helmholtz Zentrum München as holder of the Bavarian Advancement of Women Prize and of the Total E-Quality Certificate is striving to increase the overall proportion of women on its staff and thus expressly urges qualified women to apply. Preference will be given to disabled candidates with essentially the same qualifications.
Any questions? email@example.com