Call for applications for twelve PhD fellowships at Freie Universität BerlinPhD 05.09.2019
The graduate school invites applications for twelve PhD fellowships. Successful candidates will develop a PhD dissertation in the field of global intellectual history (18th to 20th century) and contribute to the activities of the program in the form of seminars, workshops and/or summer schools.
Terms of employment
Fellowships are offered as research positions on a fixed-term basis for three years starting on April 1, 2020. Salary is in accordance with TV-L FU level E13 (65%).
- MA/MPhil degree in History with a significant focus in non-European/global/world history or in an Area Studies discipline with a significant historical focus (thesis submitted by time of interview)
- Very good knowledge of English and the languages relevant to the research proposal
- Familiarity with relevant scholarly debates and approaches in global history and intellectual history
How to apply
Please send the following documents in one pdf file and no later than 9th September to email@example.com:
- Cover letter including names and contact information of two referees
- Curriculum vitae
- Abstract of MA/MPhil thesis (one page)
- Research proposal (five pages) including a brief explanation of how your project fits in the framework of the graduate school
Shortlisted candidates will be notified in mid October. The job interviews will take place on 28th and 29th October 2019.