Call for Applications: ARCUS Project 2020 IBARAKI Artist-in-Residence ProgramPhD 01.04.2020
Deadline: 12 May 2020
ARCUS Project’s artist-in-residence program provides opportunities for emerging artists in the field of contemporary art to cultivate their artistic creativity and vision. Located around an hour from Tokyo, a residency at ARCUS Studio allows participants in the program to come into contact with the contemporary art scene in Japan as well as devote themselves to their creative endeavors in a calm environment while interacting with the local community. Through the support the program offers from its dedicated team of coordinators and regular tutorials with a curator, artists are able to search for and explore approaches in their practices and undertake new challenges in their artistic expression. The program particularly emphasizes research-based practices and presents the initial results of these processes at open studios. It welcomes ideas for artworks and projects that develop out of encounters with people, the land, and culture, and aspire to form critical spaces that are open and international.
- be an emerging artist engaged in contemporary visual arts or other related fields.
- be born on or after January 1, 1980.
- possess a nationality other than Japanese or Dutch.
- be resident outside Japan and able to enter Japan legally.
- not be enrolled at an educational institution during the program period unless it is a PhD program.
- be in a state of good health and able to carry out daily activities on his/her own.
- have an English-language ability proficient enough to communicate with other artists and staff.
Application Guidelines (PDF) (both A and B)
For more information website