Call for Applications: ISGlobal International PhD Programme in Global Health 2020PhD 05.04.2020
Deadline: 30 April 2020
ISGlobal is a hub of excellence in research and medical care, and is the first global public health centre to have received the Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence Recognition from the Spanish State Research Agency. ISGlobal works toward the promotion of interdisciplinary science by incorporating research on poverty-related transmissible diseases as well as research on chronic diseases and their environmental and climate-related causes.
The ISGlobal PhD Programme brings together doctoral candidates from different health fields, and universities, to enjoy the added benefits of developing transdisciplinary research at our Institute.
Thanks to the Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence Accreditation, in this call we offer up to 8 fellowships for national and international PhD students, who wish to undertake rigorous research training and complete a research project in the field of global health and population studies to make new contributions to the existing knowledge base.
Apply now to kick-start your scientific career at ISGlobal!
Select the research proposal/s of your interest from the list of research proposals provided at the end of this call, section “PhD Research Proposals” (a maximum of 2 proposals can be selected).
- Candidates can be of any nationality
- Candidates must have obtained a University Degree and a Master’s Degree in biomedicine, epidemiology, computer sciences, environmental sciences, biostatistics, or a related discipline within the European Higher Education System (minimum 300 ECTS, of which at least 60 are at master’s level), or an equivalent University Degree that allows to start a PhD thesis in the candidate’s home country by the expected starting date indicated in the selected proposal (please note that each candidate will be assessed for eligibility on individual basis by the corresponding PhD programme)
- Candidates must demonstrate academic excellence and a commitment to pursuing a scientific research career with an interest in global health and population studies
- Candidates must have good command of English
- Candidates already holding a PhD are not eligible
- Candidates beneficiary of a PhD Fellowship by the Spanish Government are not eligible
Please note these criteria might slightly change since they are subject to the Ayudas para contratos predoctorales para la formación de doctores 2020-call from the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation.
How to Apply
Applicants must fill in the request form, including the reference PhD_SeveroOchoa_Mar20, and attach the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae (please include: Birth Date, Nationality and Current living address)
- A motivation letter (1 page MAX, A4, Arial, size 11, single space), mentioning the number of the selected research proposal and the name of the corresponding Group Leader (a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 2 proposals can be selected), and the justification for its selection
- A scanned copy of the student’s academic transcripts (degree and masters). If the academic transcripts are not in Catalan, Spanish or English, applicants should also attach a translation in one of the above-mentioned languages
- One recommendation letter from a university lecturer or scientist, with whom the applicant has studied or worked
Please note that each submitted document must include the candidate name and surname. Candidates must ensure that all required information is submitted before the application deadline of 30 April 2020. Incomplete proposals will not be considered.
Selection Process and Selection Criteria
All applications are reviewed by an ad hoc Committee.
Candidates are selected on the basis of academic excellence and a commitment to pursuing a scientific research career with an interest in global health and population studies. A good command of English is requested.
By mid-May, short-listed candidates will be invited for a TC interview.
Selected candidates will be notified shortly after the interview period. Please note that the expected incorporation date varies according to the chosen research proposal.
Call opening: 30 March 2020
Notification to candidates: 31 May - 15 June 2020
Expected incorporation date: depending on the research proposal