Call for Applications: Haiti - France: Anténor Firmin Doctoral Mobility ScholarshipsPhD 26.02.2020
Deadline: June 5, 2020
The French Embassy in Haiti, the Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF) and the Bank of the Republic of Haiti (BRH) are launching the Anténor Firmin doctoral mobility scholarships, in tribute to the author of the essay "Equality of human races".
This scholarship program aims to strengthen university research in Haiti. Support for scientific research is a priority for the three partners, who are joining forces around these scholarships intended for Haitian students wishing to pursue doctoral studies.
Students wishing to apply for an Anténor Firmin doctoral scholarship must be enrolled in joint supervision or co-supervision both at a Haitian university of origin (in Haiti) and in a host university (in France or elsewhere) member of the AUF where candidate prepares and finalizes his thesis alternately between these two universities over a period of three years.
The principle of joint supervision or co-supervision aims to strengthen international scientific cooperation. It also encourages the doctoral candidate to complete his thesis while being anchored in his local reality.
The Applicant must determine with his thesis directors the periods of research stay abroad for each of the three years which will be funded by the Anténor Firmin scholarships. The duration of mobility within its host university should not exceed 6 months per academic year.
- Be of Haitian nationality and reside in Haiti;
- Hold a master's degree (M2) at least or equivalent at the end of a training course conferring research skills according to the provisions of the Order of May 25, 2016 setting the national framework for the training and procedures leading to the issue of the national doctorate diploma;
- Have the support of a thesis director at his university in Haiti and at a host university (in France or elsewhere)
Constitution of the file: Applications must be sent to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org . In the title of the message (s), always write your First and Last Name.
Documents required :
- A precise research project (2 to 3 pages presenting the research subject, the problematic, the hypotheses, the methodology and the corpus or the databases);
- 2020/2021 scholarship application form duly completed and signed
Download the form : https://www.haitilibre.com/docs/formulaire_bourses_antenor_firmin_2020-2021.docx
- Detailed curriculum vitae;
- A provisional calendar over three years indicating the progress of the thesis, the periods of stay at the host university (funded by the scholarship) and in Haiti, the date of the planned defense;
- Letter of recommendation from the two thesis directors (home university and host university);
- Extract from certified birth certificate;
- Photocopy of passport.
All the documents making up the file must be written in French.
The absence of one of them will automatically reject the file.