PhD position in Structural and Algorithmic Aspects of Preference-based Problems in Social ChoicePhD 30.06.2020
We invite applications for a PhD position (3 years with the possibility of extension), working with the Assistant Professor Jiehua Chen at the Vienna University of Technology (Technische Universität Wien – TU Wien), Vienna, Austria.
The PhD position is available for the WWTF research project (Vienna Science and Technology Fund) titled Structural and Algorithmic Aspects of Preference-based Problems in Social Choice.
The research topics include voting, structured preferences, stable matching (matchings under preferences) with a focus on parameterized and approximation algorithm design.
The details of the research project are available here.
- The PhD position entails an employment contract.
- The position is available immediately and the starting date is quite flexible.
- Applicants with a solid background in areas such as algorithm design (including BUT NOT LIMITED to parameterized algorithms and approximation algorithms), computational complexity, and/or discrete mathematics are welcome to apply.
Please send your application, including
- your academic CV,
- a motivation letter, including an explanation of your research interests,
- your Master’s thesis and
- a list of subjects studied, giving sufficient details and grades/marks obtained
directly to Jiehua Chen: firstname.lastname@example.org
(If possible all in a single PDF file)
For informal inquiries you can also contact via the above email address.
STARTING DATE: Negotiable
LOCATION: Vienna, Austria
SALARY: The PhD candidates receive an employment contract for the initial period of 3 years
DEADLINE: July, 31, 2020