16 PhD Scholarships - Call for Applications at University of TrentoPhD 18.05.2020
The University of Trento is now inviting applications from qualified candidates for 16 PhD Scholarships in its three PhD programmes:
PhD programme in Sociology and Social Research (5 scholarships)
The programme provides state-of-the-art research training and teaches advanced professional skills in sociology and social research. Besides providing a solid foundation in the disciplines, including a broad range of quantitative and qualitative methods, the Programme places strong emphasis on theoretically driven empirical sociology. The PhD Programme in Sociology and Social Research is open to proposals on all kinds of topics related to Sociological research. Particular attention will be paid to proposals fitting in the following research areas highlighted in the description of the PhD programme, among them:
- social inequality studies and stratification research (class, education, cohort, gender);
- economic sociology, labour market and organizational studies;
- study of social and demographic change;
- comparative sociology; welfare and social policies;
- migration studies;
- political sociology (political participation, social movements, public opinion research);
- digital sociology, communication and culture, cognitive sociology
PhD programme in Economics and Management (6 scholarships)
The programme focuses on the fields of decision sciences, organization and human resource management with special attention to methodologies used in a behavioural approach to economic studies. Such an approach is increasingly adopted to generate predictions about market dynamics, particularly in the fields of finance and consumption, as well as to design organizations and institutions. Particular emphasis will be given to research proposals on the following subjects:
- Does scarcity matter in consumer decision making?
- Effects of temporal frames on decisions under risk
- Financial Networks: estimation and reconstruction approaches to prevent systemic crises
- Micro spatial analysis of firm demography
- Modern Surplus Approach. Rethinking Economics: money, credit, time, distribution and productivity
- Non - financial disclosure, integrated thinking and sustainable development goals (SDGs)
- PMS and social impact measurement in hybrid organizations
- The role of top-managers and CEOs for corporate performance and decision-making outcomes
Further information is available on https://www.unitn.it/drss/em/824/research-proposals-36th-cycle
PhD programme in Sustainability: Economics, Environment, Management and Society (SUSTEEMS) (5 scholarships)
The programme focuses on the development and implementation of models and methods in the multidisciplinary nexus of economic, environmental and social sustainability. Such methodologies include: sustainable economic models and tools for managing natural resources, sustainable business and management models and tools for companies, institutions, for-profit and non-profit organizations. Particular emphasis will be given to research proposals on the following subjects:
- Sustainability, impact evaluation and risk assessment for the natural environment (e.g. climate change), the economy (e.g. green technologies) and the society (e.g. social innovation).
- Non-market valuation for sustainability;
- The impact of regulations and norms on sustainable development;
- Business models in a world of technological and organizational change, and social innovation;
- Tools for sustainable management of businesses and territories;
- Sustainable development, inequality and poverty.
Two topic-specific scholarships are also offered within the Programme:
- Management of sustainability: from projects to social impact assessment.
- From the concept to the measurement of social sustainability of a multi-service company with multiple workplaces in the light of the Sustainable Development Goals.
For further information please see https://www.unitn.it/drss/820/project-specific-scholarships-36th-cycle
Application Deadline: June 3, 2020 - 4 p.m. (Italian time)
All programmes are full time and will be taught in English by members of the university’s multi-national faculty. No tuition fees are charged and the scholarships are adequate to cover living expenses in Trento.
For the online application, see https://webapps.unitn.it/Apply/en/Web/Home/dott
For further details, please visit our website http://web.unitn.it/en/drss , or write to:
Doctoral School of Social Sciences, University of Trento, via Verdi 26, I-38122 Trento, Italy, Email: email@example.com