Vacancy for Research Fellow for a Research Project on “Muslim Organizations in Canada”PhD 07.04.2021
The Institute for Religious and Socio-Political Studies (I-RSS) is seeking a research fellow for a new original research project on “Muslim Organizations in Canada.” This is a short-term research opportunity beginning June 1 with 2 final reports (8000 words each) to be written by October 31, 2021.
Topic: Given the present gap in existing bodies of knowledge about mainstream Muslim organizations in Canada, their function, civic role and influences, including the socio-political consequences of restricting and isolating them, this research aims to identify mainstream Muslim organizations and the role that they play within Muslim communities in Canada. This research will be interdisciplinary, community-driven, actionable, and focused on producing tangible results. The fellow will work with I-RSS Research Director Nakita Valerio and an assigned academic supervisor to address these questions. They will be provided with research assistance and support from I-RSS throughout this project.
- Conducting original research into the above topic, the design of which will be developed in collaboration with I-RSS’s Research Director
- Producing a final research paper for publication on I-RSS’s website
- Producing a version suitable for publication in academic journals
- Drafting project reports for submission to I-RSS Research Director and keeping regular communication, to be determined;
- Presenting the research;
- Other tasks as necessary to ensure project success.
Qualifications: Masters or PhD from Social Sciences or Humanities in hand preferred; Knowledge of academic literature on Muslim in Canada; Legally eligible to work in Canada.
Location: Remote, in Canada applicants only.
Compensation: To be negotiated, approximately 240-260 hours over 6 months
Applications: Send a short cover letter, CV and 2 writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2021.