Call For Applications: The Cyber-Defence (CYD) Doctoral FellowshipsPhD 12.07.2021
CYD Doctoral Fellowships will provide a salary and research and conference funds for four years (with a possible one-year extension), enabling fellows to complete a PhD thesis at the CYD Campus under the supervision of a professor at a higher education institution in Switzerland.
This program is highly competitive, and the primary evaluation criterion is excellence, as measured by academic records and professional accomplishments. Candidates applying for a CYD fellowship are expected to have excellent grade transcripts.
CYD Doctoral Fellowships are open to researchers at doctoral level who are willing to engage with cross-cutting issues in cyber-defence, with a particular emphasis on:
- Novel technologies for protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of cyber and cyber-physical systems
- Privacy-enhancing technologies
- Data science and artificial intelligence methods for analysing cyber- and technology-relevant data
- Research on vulnerabilities and backdoors in digital systems
- Citizens of any nationality may apply for the CYD Doctoral fellowships.
- No age restrictions apply.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a doctoral program at a Swiss higher education institution and have the endorsement of a professor employed in this institution willing to supervise them when they submit their Stage 2 application (see Selection process).
- Applicants may seek the endorsement of a professor employed at a school of applied sciences, but they must provide written confirmation at Stage 2 that they are simultaneously enrolled in a doctoral program at a Swiss university.
- Applicants may request funding for less than four years only if they have already completed the first two years of their doctoral program and the requested funding period coincides with the completion of their PhD thesis.
Eligible costs include and are limited to:
- Salary contribution (incl. social security benefits) based on the salary scale associated with the applicant’s position in the host institution.
- Research costs: A maximum amount of CHF 3’000.- per year can be granted for research costs.
- Conference costs: A maximum amount of CHF 6’000.- per year can be granted for conference costs.
Please read carefully the application guidelines.
All required documents must be submitted via the online submission platform.
All documents must be submitted in English.