Call for applications: international dual PhD degree programme - Université de ParisPhD 04.10.2021
The call for applications for the international dual PhD degree programme in 2021-2022 is officially open. Submit your applications before November 19th 2021.
An international dual PhD degree is a programme that enables a PhD student to carry out his/her research work under the joint supervision of several thesis directors. The programme encourages international attractiveness, doctoral mobility, cooperation and fosters the internationalisation of academic courses at Université de Paris.
The programme provides several benefits such as :
- the opportunity to be awarded a PhD degree from a French university and one or several foreign institutions according to the standard duration of a thesis
- the expertise of 2 PhD directors within 2 different research teams
- a single defense
- the acquisition of at least 2 degrees with worldwide recognition
- more career opportunities
- additional skills
- an international experience contributing to student’s personal and academic backgrounds
An international dual PhD degree takes 3 years (full time). However, it is possible to include a 4th year when signing the dual PhD degree agreement under the approval of the College of the doctoral school. The PhD degree cannot exceed 6 years.
Students must have:
- a Master’s degree or equivalent (or same education level)
- be enrolled in the first year of PhD at Université de Paris and the partner university
Information regarding the application process is available here.