PhD in Astronomy, La Serena, Chile 2022PhD 28.08.2022
Call for Astronomy PhD applications alert❗️ The University of La Serena (Chile) is now receiving applications until October 3rd. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions! Starting date: April 2023
- To apply to this program candidates must have an undergraduate and/or master's degree in Astronomy or Physics, or have an academic degree or related professional degree similar in level, content and duration.
- Applicants must possess a solid knowledge base in Physics and/or Astronomy, computational skills and interest and commitment to research.
- Stellar Astrophysics
- Galactic Astrophysics
- Extragalactic Astrophysics
- Galaxy formation and evolution
- Numerical astrophysics
Accepted applicants could apply to Agencia Nacional de Investigación y Desarrollo (ANID) scolarship program for PhD studies in Chile. Also, the program supports the highest qualified applicants with grants to cover living costs and University tuition fees.
APLICATION PROCESS AND DATES
- Curriculum vitae, including publications and participation in research projects (when applicable).
- A list of undergraduate and postgraduate (when applicable) courses with their corresponding grades.
- A copy of the academic degree and / or professional degree.
- A motivation letter to enter the Program.
- Two letters of recommendation.