The Krzysztof Skubiszewski Scholarship and Research Grant 2020Scholarships & Grants 16.02.2020
Deadline: 8 April 2020
Open to: candidates from Central Europe, the Balkans, the Baltic States, Eastern Europe, Russia, Central Asia & the Caucasus
Venue: October 1st, 2020, and will last for 9 months (the full academic year 2020/2021) in Poland
The scholarship holder will be given the opportunity to conduct academic research in Poland during the 2020/2021 academic year in collaboration with the University of Warsaw or with another Polish university, in the field of law, political science or contemporary history. The goal of the scholarship is to promote democracy, human rights, the rule of law, and the respect of law in international relations.
The research grant is intended to finance a three-month or shorter visit to Poland, that will have the same purpose and will be organized in the same way as the research work in Poland financed by the scholarship.
The scholarship is open to candidates who hold a master's degree or equivalent, and have successfully defended their doctoral thesis (or have other significant academic achievements) or have accomplished works of significant importance in the public interest, especially in the area of promoting democracy and the rule of law.
Cost & Scholarship
The grantee will receive:
- a total of 9647 PLN if the duration of the research visit to Poland is three months or, if the duration is shorter, an amount of money proportional to the duration (the grantee will have to pay revenue tax on this money, either in his country of residence or in Poland);
- paid-up accommodation in Warsaw or reimbursement of accommodation expenses during his/her stay in Poland;
- travel costs for one trip from the place of residence to Warsaw and back; and
- reimbursement of the cost of insurance covering emergency medical treatment in Poland. The Foundation will allocate 1071 PLN for the purchase of books or other material useful to the grantee's research.
If the grantee needs an intensive course of Polish, the Foundation will bear the cost of the course.
The Foundation may cease to deliver the money and services promised if the grantee:
- fails to pursue the objectives, for the accomplishment of which he/she receives the research grant, in particular, fails to conduct academic research in Poland;
- fails to purchase insurance covering emergency medical treatment in Poland; or
- is in gross breach of the principles of academic integrity or of social norms.
In order to apply, register HERE