Call for Applications: Lockheed Martin Vocational ScholarshipScholarships & Grants 11.03.2020
Lockheed Martin has established a new scholarship program to provide opportunities to students pursuing a degree or vocational-technical certificate at a vocational-technical school, trade school, two-year community college or state college. In 2020, up to 151 awards of $6,600 each are offered for full-time study at an accredited institution of the student’s choice.
The program is administered by Scholarship America®, the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship, tuition assistance, and other education support programs for corporations, foundations, associations, and individuals.
Applicants of the Lockheed Martin Vocational Scholarship Program must be:
- U.S. Citizens.
- Current high school senior, graduate (or GED equivalent), or current undergraduate with less than a bachelor’s degree.
- Planning to enroll or already enrolled full-time at an accredited vocational-technical school, trade school, two-year community college or state college.
- Pursuing an associates degree or vocational-technical certificate in one of the following areas of study:
- Computer & Information Sciences
- Support Services
- Engineering Technologies/Technicians
- Mechanic & Repair Technologies
- Precision Production
- Transportation & Materials Moving
- Security & Protective Services
Individuals currently or previously employed by Lockheed Martin are ineligible (excluding interns).
- If selected as a recipient, the student will receive a $6,600 award.
- Up to 151 awards will be granted in 2020. Awards are renewable for a second year on the basis of satisfactory academic performance or until a certification or degree is earned, whichever occurs first.
- Awards are for associate’s or applied science degrees or vocational-technical certifications only.
Applicants will be notified in late April. Not all applicants to the program will be selected as recipients. Students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements.
Payment of Scholarships
Scholarship America processes scholarship payments on behalf of Lockheed Martin. Payments are made in August.
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of:
- Academic record
- Demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities (including membership in relevant trade organizations or associations)
- Work experience
- Statement of career and educational goals and aspirations
- Unusual personal or family circumstances
- An online recommendation
Be open to outreach from Lockheed Martin recruitment teams regarding possible internship opportunities. (Note: All interested candidates and scholars must apply through the Lockheed Martin careers site to be considered).
From a pool of qualified applicants, preference will be given to high school seniors who are current Lockheed Martin interns or currently dual-enrolled in highs school and trade school within one of the eligible fields of study.
In addition, preference will be given to students attending one of the institutions listed under the Preferred Institutions tab. (Please note: applicants only need to meet the basic eligibility requirements to apply. Applicants do not need to attend one of the preferred institutions listed in order to be eligible.)
Selection of recipients is made by Scholarship America. In no instance does any officer or employee of Lockheed Martin play a part in the selection. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.