The Research Training on “Transnational Social Support”
Deadline: 10 February 2017
Open to: participants from around the world
Venue: 2-3 March 2017 in Mainz, Germany
Transnationalism has become a useful lens for investigating processes of migration, mobility and social support. In recent years, efforts have been made to broaden the concept encouraging an examination of these issues from multiple and interdisciplinary points of view. The conference presents varied insights emerging from interdisciplinary empirical research and theoretical perspectives on mobility, migration and in particular social support in transnational contexts.
The Conference will take place on 2-3 March 2017 at Erbacher Hof Akademie & Tagungszentrum des Bistums Mainz Grebenstraße 24–26 55116 Mainz (Germany)
- Discourse perspectives on transnational NGOs and Africa
- Higher education, the labour market and care in the context of migration
- Social encounters and relationships in transnational and local spaces
- Bodies in virtual and physical spaces of (non-)copresence
- Forms and dynamics of informal social support in transnational settings
Anybody can apply
The registration fee is €50 (€25 for students) and includes dinner on Thursday, lunch on Friday, and drinks. Much to our regret, we will not be able to fund travel costs or accommodation.
Please register by 10.02.2017 via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
The official web-page.