Call for Applications for Leadership Academy for Development 2018 in Tbilisi, GeorgiaTraining 12.08.2018
About the Bank of Georgia University
The Bank of Georgia University was established in 2013 by the country’s leading financial institution, the Bank of Georgia. The university seeks to provide greater access to high quality education. Since it's establishment the university has managed to become one of the fast-developing leading higher education institution in Georgia. All students, external clients and employees of Bank of Georgia University are offered a wide range of high level, certified, professional and educational programmes. The university also promotes start-ups through its School of Business, its Centres of Financial Education, Certified Training and Professional Education and its Support Centre for Start-Up Businesses. Bank of Georgia University offers its students the unique opportunity of receiving full scholarships which will cover the entire cost of their education.
About the Free University of Tbilisi
The University was founded by The Knowledge Fund (KF) in 2007, which is a non-profit, charity organization founded by Kakha Bendukidze. KF is the largest endowment in higher education in Georgia. Free University is one of the leaders in tertiary education in Georgia. The university stands out with its high quality of education, modern learning environment and high employment level of graduates. At all three levels of tertiary education, Free University Programmes are based on the principles of liberal education, with the aim of developing creative and critical thinking, as well as practical skills of the students. Over the years, high quality of education at Free University has been manifested in high demand and in high employability of graduates - immediately after graduation, 94% of graduates are employed in their professional occupation.
How to Apply - Eligibility Criteria
LAD’s Program in Georgia will select up to 30 participants – from Georgia and from other countries where democracy is not firmly established.
- Applicants should be mid-career practitioners, with at least eight and ideally ten years or more of working experience, from public and private sectors or CSO sector;
- In their present capacity, applicants should play important and influential roles in their country's political, economic, and social development. Applicants can be working as policy-makers, business sector leaders/entrepreneurs, and leaders of civil society organizations (such as representatives of trade unions, nongovernmental organizations, the media, business and professional associations);
- Applicants should have demonstrated professional and personal achievements in a relevant sector of democracy, development, the rule of law and/or economic development;
- Applicants should have a solid command of written and spoken English. All finalists will be required to participate in a short telephone interview;
- Applicants must be at least 27 years of age when they apply to the program.
Organizing partners shall award scholarships for the course, including speakers, teaching material and meals during the five-day program for all selected applicants. International applicants will have to pay for their own travel costs, while accommodation and other program related expenses shall be covered by the organizers.
Dates for the LAD Program Georgia
The LAD program will take place between October 22-27, 2018 in Tbilisi, Georgia. Applicants are required to participate in the entire program. They must be sure that they can be absent from their professional obligations during that time and upon acceptance, must commit to attend the entire program.
Applicants are required to submit their application electronically through the following link:
no later than September 10th, 2018 6:00 pm Tbilisi Time.
The application should contain the following documents:
(1) Completed Application Form
(2) Curriculum Vitae/Resume which should be a minimum of one page and no longer than three pages in length and should list the following:
(a) Your professional experience, underlining your duties and responsibilities, with your most recent position listed first, and dates of employment;
(b) Your educational credentials, including all degrees earned;
(c) Awards and honors, if applicable;
(d) The names of at least two professional referees, one of them should be your current supervisor in your place of employment. This should include the following information: the name of the professional referee, professional affiliation with the applicant (i.e. supervisor, former colleague etc.), employer working address, email and telephone.
(3) Statement of Purpose, which should be a minimum of 500 words and should not exceed 1,000 words. In drafting your statement of purpose, please expand on your professional experience, and respond to the following points:
(a) why are you interested in applying to the Leadership Academy for Development Program? Please highlight how the program will contribute to your professional and/or personal development. For more information about LAD, please see http://cddrl.fsi.stanford.edu/research/the_leadership_academy_for_development.
(b) Please describe your goals and expectations of the program. How will your participation in LAD contribute to your individual and professional growth?
(c) Please describe your professional and academic achievements, as well as any community activity or public life accomplishments as they relate to the promotion of democracy, economic development, and or rule of law.
The applicants who are successful in the first round of application (after submitting CV and the Statement of Purpose) will be interviewed in a short (max. 15 minutes) telephone interview.
Application Deadline The deadline for submitting electronic applications is September 10th, 2018, at 6:00 pm Tbilisi Time.
However, we strongly encourage applicants to submit their applications as early, as possible. All applicants will be notified by the end of September, 2018 as to whether they were accepted to the program.
Please do not follow-up with the program team before that time concerning the status of your application.
More information and/or questions For more information about the LAD Program in Georgia, or in case of any questions about the application, please email: email@example.com
LAD is a program of Stanford’s Center on Democracy, Development and the Rule of Law