Call for Applications, Fundament for prosperity and European development: The rule of lawTraining 20.08.2018
The Robert Schuman Institute (RSI) carries out a series of seminars in collaboration with the Robert Schuman Foundation Luxemburg and the kind support of the EPP Group in the European Parliament under the title “Fundament for prosperity and European development: The rule of law” as follows:
Fundament for prosperity and European development: The rule of law 1.0
28 – 30 September (Friday – Sunday) in Belgrade, Serbia
arrival: 27 September, departure 30 September after 13h afternoon
Fundament for prosperity and European development: The rule of law 2.0
30 November – 02 December (Friday-Sunday) in Tirana, Albania
arrival: 29 November, departure 02 December after 13h afternoon
!Full attendance is necessary on both seminars!
The event will be provided for 25 politicians who are working in national or local parliaments in EPP sister parties and their parliamentary groups in the following Western Balkan countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, FYROMacedonia, Montenegro and Serbia.
Aims of the project:
To provide a regional awareness raising and experience exchange for politicians with a demonstrated record in engaging rule of law and anti-corruption oriented activities
- To engage national and local parliaments in strengthening institutions with the aim of rule of law
- Stimulate cooperation among parliamentary groups of the region
- Facilitate judicial reforms in the region
- To reflect shared problems and roadmaps to their possible solutions
- To support the EU-oriented work of EPP sister parties in the Western Balkan countries by capacity building
- To establish a cross-border professional network of pro-European young politicians from the WB countries
- To provide concrete examples and tools for relevant and effective parliamentary work
- contact building between Western Balkan politicians and MEPs / staff of the EPP Group
The APPLICATION DEADLINE is 02 September 2018, arriving at RSI
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the responsible project manager, Bence Labossa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please fill in the application form
Find more information about the series in the call for applications.