Call for Applications, First Seminar "Strengthening Culture of Peace" in Tbilisi, GeorgiaTraining 07.02.2018
Deadline: 10 March 2018
Open to: participants from Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia
Venue: 19– 23 March 2018 in Tbilisi, Georgia
The seminar is the 5th step of the project “Strengthening Culture of Peace”. During the seminar, we will share the outcomes of the research developed by our team with other CSOs members, educators and activists. The research focuses in two main directions: a Peace Education Competence Framework and Sensitive Project Planning Guidelines for a Culture of Peace. The seminar aims at providing you with new ideas, points of view and potential tools based on the research outcomes, as well as getting your feedback and contributions in order to integrate it to the Fnal materials that will be published during summer 2018.
- Introduce the understanding of peace and Culture of Peace
- Introduce the Project Guidelines and the Competence Framework developed by the researchers to the rest of the group
- Critically review the Project Guidelines and the Competence Framework, and provide relevant feedback to the research team
- Establish and reinforce networks among CSOs from the South Caucasus region
The programme is divided into two main directions and participants will chose according to their expertise and interests: one direction will focus on the Peace Education Competence Framework and the other will focus on the project guidelines. The programme will include:
- Culture of Peace and CSOs/activist movements and its connections
- Structure and content of each of the researches (Peace Education Competence Framework and Sensitive Project Planning Guidelines for a Culture of Peace)
- Feedback and review of the structure and content of the strategic guidelines
- The methodology will be a mixture of non-formal education workshops and group discussions, including feedback loops and input.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Conflict sensitive individuals willing to engage in constructive dialogue with other peers from the region and critically review the outputs of the research
- Open-minded persons willing to actively seek for common ground
- People connected with the topic(s) of the seminar (peace, project coordination, social work, peacebuilding, confidence building)
- People active in civil movements and/or organisations
- People with coordination experience and/or as an educator in social topics (preferably peacebuilding)
- There is no age limitation for being part of the project, nevertheless, the methodology (non-formal), the set-up of the activity and the topics will have a youth focus
The seminar is hosted by the Academy for Peace and Development with the support of the Black Sea Trust – German Marshall Fund and Robert Bosch Foundation in the frame of the programme “Strengthening Culture of Peace”. The seminar will take place in Tbilisi from 19th until 23rd of March 2018. Participants are expected to arrive on Monday during the afternoon and depart on Friday after lunch.
Travel costs, accommodation and food are all covered. Travel costs will only be reimbursed upon presenting the official corresponding tickets.
For further information, please contact us.
Travel Cost limits (return ticket): Armenia 45$, Azerbaijan 50$, regions in Georgia 25$.
During the seminar, no other expenditures are involved.
If you want to apply, please fill-in our application form and we will contact you within 24 hours during weekdays! Do not hesitate, join us! The deadline for applying is the 10th of March. Apply now: the amount of spots is limited and we are filling the spots in order of reception of applications.
In order to apply, register HERE.
If you need more information about the programme and the seminar, you can write us too! email@example.com