Cfp: “Introducing Peace Education in non-formal education”Training 21.03.2019
Deadline: 25 March 2019
Open to: educators from Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia
Venue: 6 – 11 April 2019 in Rustavi, Georgia
Based on the competence framework and educational approach for youth CSOs for non-formal peace education in the South Caucasus
The project will provide with systematic approaches to integrate Peace education and Culture of Peace in youth CSOs and serve the organizations present in the training to develop competences in this feld. The training of trainers with a duration of 5 days in Georgia will host 18 educators from the South Caucasus region with interest in the developed Competence Framework, motivated to develop their competences in the feld of Peace Education, willing to integrate Peace Education as transversal element of their educational approach.
- Developing competences of youth educators on the topic of Peace Education;
- Providing educators with tools for incorporating Peace Education as a transversal element in educational programs;
- Ofering a systematized instrument (competence framework) that can be adapted and used in daily work and with other peers;
- Provide a space for the establishment of a pool of trainers ready to spread the Peace Education approach to other peers.
The main content of the training of trainers include:
- Non-formal education and Peace Education
- Competence Framework overview and practical use of it in order to integrate Peace education in non-formal education activities
- Methodology and methods of Peace Education
- Networking at regional level on Peace Education
The methodology will be a mixture of non-formal education workshops and group discussions, including feedback loops and input
- Confict sensitive individuals willing to engage in constructive dialogue with other peers from the region;
- Open-minded persons willing to actively seek for common ground;
- People connected with the topic(s) of the ToT (peace, project coordination, social work, peacebuilding, confdence building);
- People active in civil movements and/or organizations;
- People with training experience and/or as an educator in social topics (preferably peacebuilding);
- There is no age limitation for being part of the project, nevertheless, the methodology (non-formal), the set-up of the activity and the topics will have a youth focus.
The training is hosted by the Academy for Peace and Development (APD) with the support of the Black Sea Trust – German Marshall Fund and Robert Bosch Foundation in the frame of the programme “Strengthening Culture of Peace – Developing competences of youth CSOs.”
The ToT will take place at International Scout Center Rustavi from 06th until 11th of April 2019.
Participants are expected to arrive on Saturday during the afternoon and depart on Thursday after lunch. Travel costs, accommodation and food are all covered. Travel Cost limits (return ticket):
- Armenia 45$
- Azerbaijan 50$
- Regions in Georgia 25$
Travel costs will only be reimbursed upon presenting the ofcial corresponding tickets.
For further information, please contact us. During the seminar, no other expenditures are involved.
The deadline for applying is the 25th of March, 2019. Apply now: the amount of spots is limited and we are flling the spots in order of reception of applications.
In order to apply, register HERE.