Call for Applications: Online Teaching-InteractivityTraining 21.04.2020
Faced with the significant change in the way schools and schooling are now being operated in Australia and around the world, teachers are being asked to reskill at an unprecedented pace.
In-service teachers can be left feeling somewhat uncertain about how best to develop online lessons for their students when taken out of the familiar environment of a physical classroom. This course aims to be equally useful for pre-service teachers at a time when teaching practice is becoming increasingly digitised.
This course is a rapid-fire introduction to remote/online learning. It is light on theory and rich in practical advice and exemplars. Remote learning is possible, fun and challenging!
Each of the three modules in the course is designed to take around an hour to complete, and you are encouraged to use the forums along the way to share ideas, questions, and activities with each other.
Things you will learn
- Feel comfortable with key terms and ideas in online learning
- Design great static content
- Understand the key principles of effective video design
- Explore the use of live video streaming services for online education
- Increase your understanding of the key types of assessment (diagnostic, formative, and summative)
- Sustainable practices for individualised feedback
Self-paced online learning:
- Module 1 - Introduction to online learning and designing static content
- Module 2 - Video (live and recorded) in online learning
- Module 3 - Assessment, feedback and putting it all together (lessons, sequences and units)
For more information website