Call for Applications: The Ancient World: Greek HistoryTraining 26.04.2020
Take a look at exciting and innovative ways to uncover the past with an introduction to the ancient world
This course will be run by Simon Powell
Originally from Bolton in Lancashire, Simon gained a 2.1 in Medieval and Modern History at Nottingham University then trained to teach in Manchester and Bolton. Since then, he has taught History at Poole Grammar School, Dorset for 32 years, the last 14 as Head of History. In that time he has overseen not only many enforced curricular changes but also the introduction of Ancient History and Archaeology into the curriculum.
His connection with the PTI goes right back to the first summer school in 2001 and has been rich and varied since. He has been the Schools Programme Coordinator for History for several years allowing him to work with leading academics and inspirational fellow teachers in bringing history to life for all our students.
This online course will:
- Look at how ancient History might be tackled in the classroom by those without a specific background in ancient History
- Look at specific sources that can be used with classes to develop critical thinking and evaluation
- Begin to unlock some of the terminology which makes ancient History seem more forbidding than it is
- Take a look at the range of sources that can be used to understand ancient Athens – using plays, philosophy, art and architecture to give greater richer view of History.
- Empower teachers to give it a go either as a brief module within Key Stage 3 or to search out suitable examination courses with greater confidence
For more information website