Call for UN Sustainable Development Goals Free Online CourseTraining 29.04.2020
An interdisciplinary introduction to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)which looks at all SDGs, their progress and challenges.
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the United Nations, which were adopted in 2015, will determine the course of the global social, ecological and economic agenda until 2030.
Information about the different SDGs is abundantly available but a comprehensive framework that brings them all together coherently is often lacking. This course provides a general and accessible academic introduction to SDGs in all its facets.
A highly interdisciplinary team of experts will offer their insight into the intricacies of the matter, while practitioners in the domain of the SDGs are closely engaged in the discussion.
What you’ll learn
- Understand the emergence and development of the SDGs
- Understand how the different SDGs are interrelated
- Understand the structure of the SDGs in the United Nations context
- Acquire an understanding of how the SDGs relate to addressing global challenges such as inequality, climate change, poverty, unsustainable consumption and production, and peace and security
- Acquire scientifically informed and evidence-based information about the background and reality of each SDG
- Understand the complexities of the 169 individual targets that are part of the 17 SDGs
- Reflect on the challenges with which the SDGs are confronted
- Recognize the mutual interdependence between social, ecological and economic objectives of the SDG agenda
- Acquire an understanding of the institutional infrastructure in place that aims to realize SDG goals
- Understand how the SDGs are implemented
- Learn from practitioners what the difficulties are in achieving the SDGs
For more information website