"Alternative Economic and Monetary Systems (AEMS)" Summer SchoolTraining 18.03.2021
Open to:Students and professionals from all over the world
Date:19 July, 2021
The AEMS Summer School presents and discusses the state of the art in alternative economic and monetary systems. There is overwhelming evidence, that the current economic model based on everlasting economic growth is destroying the ecosystem of our planet and contributing to the global climate crisis. Therefore, the summer school wants to shed light on approaches and reform proposals that can make a real difference.
AEMS offers room for critical thinking and the possibility to openly discuss and deconstruct ideas and concepts with distinguished experts from various scientific fields. Lectures, workshops and discussion panels enable the participants to acquire a deeper understanding of the intricate interactions of society, ecology and economy. The program is open to students and professionals from all fields.
What is needed from participants?
- IT infrastructure to participate in an online program i.e. access to computer, reliable internet connection
- Have a very good command of the English language, since all the lectures are held in English
- Availability during the live sessions and activities, which are planned to take place in the afternoon hours of Central European Time (CET)
The academic education does not only add to the participants‘ qualifications, it also raises awareness about how our economic and financial systems contribute to challenges such as climate change, increasing inequality or resource overuse. But most importantly, the program presents different approaches and alternative ideas for how to change our systems in a way that profits all of society.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please apply through our online application system. For a successful procedure you are required to complete all fields and to upload the following information:
1. A brief motivational statement of how you want to contribute to a sustainable development (daily routines, projects that you would like to implement, positions you want to hold or held already, etc.). Type your motivational statement directly into the application form
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Photo of yourself (for the student info package)
4. A scan or photo of the picture page of your passport (if moving into student guesthouse in Vienna)
5. Grade transcript of home university (if applicable)
Find the program here