Call for Participants: Online Training on European Youth GoalsTraining 27.03.2021
21th – 24th April, 2021, Online
JEF Europe is organising a training on European Youth Goals that will be held online between 21st and 24th of April 2021 as part of the project “Y-FED: Europe is what we make of it”. The training is free of charge and it will offer 30 young citizens the possibility to strengthen their knowledge of the European Youth Strategy and its Youth Goals, in order to be part of an international political dialogue involving regional and local policy-makers from across Europe through their local organizations and youth advocacy space.
The project “Y-FED: Europe is what we make of it” aims to bring the EU closer to its young citizens by developing a proposal for an improved institutional framework of the Union in line with the European Youth Goals. The initiative, supported by an Erasmus+ “European Youth Together” grant, will be implemented in the years 2020-2021 through a series of capacity-building training courses, public policy hackathons, a large-scale simulation of a reformed EU and advocacy actions. The project partners comprise 18 civil society organisations as well as 2 networks of European and regional decision-makers.
One of Y-Fed’s main objectives is Raise awareness of the European Youth Goals (EYGs) and support their implementation by embedding them in the reformed EU institutional model and bringing them from the European to the local level. Therefore, JEF Europe is organizing the Online Training on European Youth Goals.
About the training:
The European Youth Goals training will be held online, for 3 days, gathering 30 young people from all over Europe. The training aims to introduce the 11 European Youth Goals as part of the current European Youth Strategy and how young people can be engaged, empowered and involved in the EU Youth Dialogue to address their relevance to the youth advocacy space on the local, national and European levels.
The European Youth Goals are:
- Connecting EU with Youth
- Equality of All Genders
- Inclusive Societies
- Information & Constructive Dialogue
- Mental Health & Wellbeing
- Moving Rural Youth Forward
- Quality Employment for All
- Quality Learning
- Space and Participation for All
- Sustainable Green Europe
- Youth Organisations & European Programmes
Profile of the participants:
- Be aged between 18 and 30 years old;
- Be a young person who wants to engaged, empowered and involved in activism;
- Be interest in learning more about the 11 European Youth goals;
- Ability to develop advocacy actions on the EYG focuses is an advantage
- Be able to work and communicate fluently in English;
- Have some knowledge about the EU institutions;
- Be willing to engage in the political dialogue at the regional and European level and advocate for youth priorities under the 11 European Youth Goals
Why Should you apply
- An opportunity to engage in a constructive understanding of the EYGs and current youth advocacy trends
- A networking opportunity with young people working in different development and youth sectors
- Bring part of an engaging dynamic focusing on developing youth rights and inclusion
Technical and financial information
- The training will be held online (via Zoom)
- There is no participation fee
How to apply:
Please fill in the following application form by the 10th of April 2021.