Ambassador Program for Photographer GirlsTraining 19.09.2022
The Girls Who Click Ambassador Program
Nature is fabulously diverse and the voices telling the stories of nature must be equally so. This is why we created the Ambassador Program. Currently the profession of nature photography is dominated by white, male photographers. We aim to identify and encourage young female and female-identified+ nature photographers who are motivated to take their art to the next level. Girls Who Click is committed to creating an inclusive program for participants from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds, sexual orientations, and gender identities.
The Girls Who Click Ambassador Program is intended for young photographers/videographers ages of 16 to 30. We aim to uplift these young photographers through mentorships with professional female nature photographers who want to embrace the next generation. Girls Who Click will pair each young photographer with a mentor with whom she will have virtual meetings to develop her portfolio, gain key insights on breaking into the industry, and cultivate a network of supportive individuals in the photography industry. The photographer will come out of the program equipped with a strong community, and the knowledge necessary to enter the professional industry. The program also includes other benefits as listed below in the summary.
Summary of Ambassador Program Benefits:
- A one-year mentorship with a professional photographer, which includes portfolio reviews, with the opportunity to apply to be a Continuing GWC Ambassador for subsequent years.
- Access to all Girls Who Click workshops (in person or online) and other GWC events.
- Gear from our Ambassador Program Sponsors Think Tank, LEE Filters, and more!
- Visibility of photographic projects through Girls Who Click social media and Girls Who Click website, including the opportunity to do a takeover of GWC social media to highlight their photography
GWC Ambassadors will be asked to help create awareness of gender issues in the field of nature photography, as well as spread the word about GWC workshops.
Girls Who Click will select photographers to be a part of this program. Applicants will submit written applications following the instructions found on the Girls Who Click website. Ambassadors will be chosen based on merit and quality of her work as well as a reference letter. The application process may include an interview.
The application window will be from September 17, 2022-November 17, 2022. Ambassadors will be announced in December.
- Applicant must be a female (female-identified+) photographer/videographer aged 16 – 30 years of age.
- Applicant must submit a portfolio of 40 images for review by WeTransfer or Google Drive.
- Applicant must complete the online application form.
- One reference letter from a non-family member (a teacher, coach, community leader, employer, etc). Letters of recommendation are submitted by the reference using this form. This letter should address about your positive qualities and work ethic. It does not need to address about your photography skills.
- Every Ambassador must perform a monthly mentorship check-in with GWC and mentor.
- If the applicant is under 18, a parent or guardian must complete the Girls Who Click liability waiver.