Optibac is the UK & Ireland’s most recommended brand+. We’re looking to hire an experienced Nutritional Advisor to join our team of friendly, caring, and knowledgeable nutrition professionals and friendly bacteria experts.
Our vision is to ‘empower millions to make life-changing health choices with probiotics’. As scientists discover more about the important role of the gut in overall health and wellbeing, the global demand for probiotic supplements is increasing dramatically. It’s, therefore, a very exciting time to join our company, which is rapidly expanding. Specialising entirely in live cultures and boasting some of the most researched strains in the world, developed in the world’s leading laboratories, Optibac are the experts in friendly bacteria.
Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot, Optibac supplements are sold to health food stores and pharmacies across the UK and Ireland and to many export markets across Europe and Asia. The company won the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in recognition of its outstanding international growth over the past few years. We take great pride in being an ethical and socially conscious business and have raised over £525,000 for women’s rights charity, Womankind Worldwide through donations made from every pack sold of Optibac ‘For Women’.
We’re a family-run business, employing over 90 people across Hampshire and London. The Nutrition Team is usually based at our head office in Weyhill, near Andover, Hampshire. Continuous professional development and extensive training enable new team members to become experts on the gut microbiome and the use of probiotics. You’ll need to be a qualified Nutritional Therapist, but we’d also consider applications from those with a qualification in other relevant CAM disciplines such as herbalism or naturopathy.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Become an Optibac brand ambassador, with exceptional knowledge of the gut microbiome and our range of products
- Ensure that our customers always feel well supported, well informed and empowered to make life-changing health choices
- Answer incoming phone, email, live chat, and social media enquiries from customers looking for nutritional advice, and respond to these in a caring and informative way
- Create new technical resources for use by the Nutrition Team and other departments
- Write web content for our expert blogs, Facebook and other social media channels
- As an Optibac spokesperson, provide expert commentary to magazines and newspapers for inclusion in editorial articles
- Moderate comments and reviews left on our website
- Monitor and respond to a small number of negative reviews on external sites (Trustpilot, Amazon, Google)
- Support the wider business by providing valuable insight from our customers e.g. for New Product Development, and Marketing purposes
- Provide expert advice to retailers, medical doctors and CAM practitioners to enable them to recommend the most appropriate products to their customers, patients, and clients
- Help resolve any customer complaints to the consumer’s complete satisfaction, record feedback and attend to related administrative tasks
- Assist the digital team by helping with SEO tasks, using tools like SEMrush or Kentico.
- Attend occasional seminars or short courses in relevant fields such as customer care/ telephone skills/ content writing/presentation skills/product training/probiotics/related subjects etc.
- Ad hoc administrative tasks to provide support as necessary for other departments, with a view to achieving excellent standards of customer care and satisfaction
- A recognised qualification (degree or diploma) in a relevant complementary healthcare discipline (e.g Nutritional Therapy, Naturopathy, Herbalism)
The following experience & qualities are absolutely necessary for this role
- Must enjoy working as part of a small, mutually supportive team working towards wider business goals
- To have genuine care and empathy for the concerns of our many customers. To able to strike up a good rapport on the telephone, enabling customers to feel comfortable discussing sensitive health issues, and leaving them feeling reassured and well-advised.
- Contribute to outstanding levels of customer happiness
- A genuine belief in our vision to educate and empower people to make better health choices
- Confidence to share your expertise with a variety of audiences including; medical, CAM practitioners, health food stores and other retailers, direct customers, social media audiences etc.
- Excellent command of the English language, educated to a GCSE-level or equivalent
- An interest and flair for writing and producing content written in a variety of styles for use in blogs, technical documents and social media
- Excellent administrative skills with good attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent computer skills, familiar with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Good organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Driven, hard-working and self-motivated, but happy to follow instruction where required
- Knowledge of probiotics and the gut microbiome is an advantage, but extensive training on the Optibac range is given by our experienced nutrition team and microbiologists
- Experience using social media networks like Hootsuite, Facebook and Instagram
- Experience with cloud-based CRM tools like Zendesk, Netsuite or Freshdesk
- Experience writing articles, blogs and web content
- Customer service experience
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Appreciation for the value of joining a growing business
Hours & Salary
We are currently looking to hire someone 4-5 days a week with flexible working. This role is hybrid, with remote working and 1-2 days per week office based, our head office is in Weyhill, Andover.
Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications, starting immediately.
Are you ready to help the growing number of Optibac customers make life-changing health choices with probiotics? Then we’d love to hear from you.