Transatlantic-Russia Civic Workshop 2018Workshops 09.03.2018
Deadline: 1 April 2018
Open to: civic activists from the United States, the Russian Federation and Central Europe (Czechia, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia)
Venue: 14-18 May 2018 in Warsaw, 3-7 September 2018 in Prague, 11-15 February 2019 in Budapest
The 2018 new program entitled the Transatlantic – Russia Civic Workshops is designed to support and strengthen civil society, bridge the U.S.-Russia-Visegrad cooperation and promote collaborative projects between participating countries. All participants, including social and civil campaigners and representatives of NGO sector, will build their personal and organizational capacity, increase their outreach and effectiveness as civic activists working within their communities, as well as integrate with a larger network of like-minded leaders.
The editions will take place in three different Visegrad capitals (Warsaw, Prague and Budapest), which will enable to broaden the experience-sharing by presenting three countries’ various perspectives. Through practical workshops, discussions and simulations, the participants will be equipped with a tool kit necessary for their everyday work in civil society organizations.
The ideal participant is a person who shares a passion for international relations and European integration, wants to get involved with his/her community, demonstrates leadership potential and desires to take an active role in positively shaping the world around him/her.
EACH EDITION CONTAINS:
4 – DAYS SKILLS TRAINING in: Leadership and Team Management; Social Campaigning, Social Media Campaigns; Project & Time Management; Project Proposals Design; Negotiations; Communication and Public Speaking (Storytelling, PR for NGOs, Networking); Management and Finances – Fundraising and Crowdsourcing; Strategic Planning, Open Source Data Research & Analysis; Public Diplomacy and Networking.*
* In order to better tailor the program to the expectations of participants, all applicants will be asked to fill in a questionnaire. Final list of topics will be selected based on feedback from the candidates and their needs assessment.
1 – EXPERT ROUNDTABLE on the U.S.-Russia-Visegrad Relations;
HOST COUNTRY EXPERIENCE and building COLLABORATION PROJECTS.
All participants will be required to present potential collaboration projects/grant proposal within 3 months from the last day of workshops. Finally, 4 authors of the most promising project proposals will be invited to attend the World Forum for Democracy organized by the Council of Europe in November 2019 in Strasbourg, France.
Over 3 editions the program will gather 60 civic activists from the United States, the Russian Federation and Central Europe (Czechia, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia), who will gain practical skills, exchange experience, broaden the network and build long-lasting networks.
The program is addressed to civic, social, political activists and campaigners, representatives of NGOs from the Russia Federation, United States, Czechia, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia.
The first edition (in Warsaw) is addressed to social and civic campaigners.
Two of the other (in Prague and Budapest) are especially tailored for representatives of NGOs.
- Citizenship of one of the following countries: Russia, United States, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia;
- Minimum 23 years of age;
- Minimum 2 years of working experience and proven track history of involvement and engagement within their community (i.e. involvement in the NGO sector, student unions, civil society organizations);
- English language competency: C1;
- Participants must submit the online application form, including: CV, Letter of motivation and essay on the topic: What is the change you would like to make locally or globally?
- The ideal candidate demonstrates a desire to take an active role in positively shaping the world around them.
- Candidates will be selected based on the information provided in their online application forms and a phone/skype interview.
The full-scholarship initiative covers participation fee (5 days of workshops), materials, certificate, lunches, coffee breaks, accommodation and travel expenses.
All scholarships cover participation fee (5 days of workshops), materials, certificates, lunches, coffee brakes, accommodation and travel expenses. The European Academy of Diplomacy arranges participants’ travels and accommodations (for more details, see application form) and provides visa invitation letters. The total scholarship value is up to 2900$.
In order to apply, register HERE.