The Youth Event at the 7th Global Forum in Baku, AzerbaijanCamps 10.12.2015
The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) is pleased to announce the launch of the call for applications for the Youth Event at the 7th Global Forum hosted by the government of Azerbaijan from April 25 to 27, 2016 in Baku. Up to 150 youth from diverse cultural and religious backgrounds with outstanding track records in intercultural dialogue and youth work will be selected to participate in the Youth Event (April 25th), attend the Global Forum (April 26-27th) and thus contribute to the global narrative on social inclusion.
This unique international level opportunity for civic and intercultural participation is designed to give participants a chance to share their experiences, learn from each other, interact with key stakeholders and experts in their area of interest and network with a broader range of actors in the field of social inclusion and intercultural dialogue. The Youth Event will also have an online component with the aim of maximizing the exchange of ideas among participants and preparation for the actual event. Its outcome will be a series of Narratives of Tomorrow, which articulate youth’s vision for inclusive societies, building on the positive contributions youth are already making in this regard.
UNAOC is an initiative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations, which responds to a broad consensus across nations, cultures and religions that all societies are interdependent, bound together in their development and security, and in their environmental, economic and financial well-being. Established in 2005, the UNAOC’s mission is to improve cross-cultural understanding and cooperation among countries, peoples and communities. It seeks to forge collective political will and to mobilize concerted action at the institutional and civil society levels to overcome the prejudice, misperceptions and polarization. UNAOC contributes to a coalescing global movement which, reflecting the will of the vast majority of people, rejects extremism in any society. Learn more about the UNAOC at www.unaoc.org.
- Are you between 18 and 35 years old? *
- Are you a member or a representative of a youth-led organization, network or initiative?
- Have you undertaken initiatives at the community or policy level that foster social inclusion, intercultural dialogue, and promote peace?
- Do you want to contribute to a global conversation on intercultural understanding and exchange innovative experiences?
- Do you want to meet other youth leaders from all over the world and develop joint actions?
- Would you like to take part in discussions that will help shape the United Nations’ agenda with regards to relations among different cultures?
* Applicants selected to the 7th UNAOC Global Forum will be aged between 18-35 during the entire Forum. To be considered eligible, applicants must be born on or between April 28, 1980 and April 25, 1998.
Selected participants of the 7th UNAOC Global Forum Youth Event will be provided with the following:
- As an official policy, the organizers of the 7th UNAOC Global Forum do not require payment of any participation fee. All selected youth participants will have access to the Youth Event and Global Forum and will be provided with round-trip international ticket (economy class) to Baku; 4 days accommodation (in shared accommodation [double-rooms], with a participant from the same gender, from April 24 through April 28, A.M. hours). Meals and coffee breaks will be provided during the official program of the Youth Event and the 7th UNAOC Global Forum, as well as shuttles to/from the airport in Baku.
- An application form, completed and certified by the applicant;
- A copy of the identification page of your international passport; an
- Your resume/curriculum vitae in English (maximum 3 pages).
Word/character limit for each question in the application form needs to be respected. The application system automatically counts words and characters.
The application deadline is January 17, 2016, 11:59 PM Eastern Time (New York).