Winter School on Theoretical Foundations of Computer Science, Tbilisi, GeorgiaCamps 07.11.2018
The aim of the winter school on “Theoretical Basics and Practical Application of Computer Science” is to to introduce advanced topics of theoretical computer science to the audience. The school target audience are bachelor, master and PhD students as well as young researchers in computer science and mathematics. The school might be interesting for linguists, physicists, biologists, engineers and in general of scientists, whose works are related to the use of computer science and mathematical methods.The topic of the school includes both theoretical and applied aspects. The school objectives are:
- Studying the theoretical basics of computer science, understanding and deepening existing knowledge.
- Introduce modern topics and current issues of computer science to participants.
- Introduce how to apply theoretical computer sciences in the industry and new technologies.
- Make students interested in computer science.
- Share professional experience and knowledge of well-known experts of the field to the participants.
- Promote to increase the level of computer science in Georgia and, in general, in the region.
The lecturers and subjects of the school are:
- Volker Diekert (University of Stuttgart, Germany) - Algorithms and Complexity
- Santiago Escobar (Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain) - Program Verification
- Boris Konev (University of Liverpool, UK) - Logic for Computer Scientists
- Temur Kutsia (RISC, Johannes Kepler University of Linz, Austria) - Automated Reasoning
- Luigi Liquori (INRIA Sophia Antipolis-Méditerranée, France) - Foundations of Peer-to-peer Networks and Tools
- Mircea Marin (West University of Timisoara, Romania) - Foundations of Programming Languages
The winter school will be organized by International Black Sea University with the support of Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation of Georgia (SRNSFG).
undergraduate and graduate students as well as young researchers from the fields of computer science and mathematics are eligible to apply for this winter school
The winter school is free of charge for the students from Georgia. Otherwise the fees are : (click here)
In order to apply, .