Call for Applications for the International Development Youth Forum (IDYF) 2019 in Tokyo, JapanCamps 18.04.2019
Deadline: 24th May 2019, 23:59 JST (GMT/UTC+9)
Open to: young people from all over the world
Venue: 18 – 25 August 2019 in Tokyo, Japan
Applications are now invited from youth worldwide to participate in the International Development Youth Forum (IDYF) 2019 taking place from August 18th to 25th, 2019 at National Olympics Memorial Youth Center (NYC) in Tokyo, Japan.
The main aims of the School include:
(1) Build a sustainable network among youth who are interested in international development
- We create and support long-lasting networks by inviting youth from all over the world in one place, for one week.
- We strengthen and build the network of participants, by inviting more participants to the forum every year.
- We develop a network among all past participants of the forum by organizing alumni reunion online and in person.
(2) Provide opportunities for participants to embrace diverse values and learn from them
- We provide the opportunity to broaden one’s knowledge and mindset through lectures and fieldwork, according to the theme of the forum.
- We foster the opportunity to challenge one’s value through discussion in which participants are faced with taking part in general and case study-specific debates.
(3) Accomplish realistic goals and bring about change in society
- We strive to produce outcomes which can actually profit society, beyond merely satisfying participants.
- We wish to make IDYF a stepping stone for participants to refine their knowledge and determine how they can impact international development, wherever they are in their career.
- Those who are 30 years old and younger
- Those who have not participated in previous IDYFs
- Fluency in English for discussion and presentation
- Must be able to attend all programs during the forum
Cost & Scholarship
If you are selected to participate in IDYF 2019, you will be required to pay 25,000 JPY, which covers your accommodation, meals, and transportation fees during the forum (Sun. 18th Aug to Sun. 25th Aug 2019).
- It doesn’t include transportation fees from the airport to the venue, accommodation fee before / after the program, or insurance.
- Optional tour on 25th is not covered.
- Payment details will be announced after the results of the selection.
- This year, scholarships will be given to up to 10 applicants who show extraordinary skills, experiences or knowledge on each of the case studies but have financial difficulties to cover ONLY participation costs. Maximum 100,000 yen will be given based on the necessity of each individual.
- Applicants who wish to apply for the scholarship must claim that in the application form. Only those who passed the document screening will be invited to Skype interview.
- 3rd May 2019, 23:59 JST (GMT/UTC+9)
- 24th May 2019, 23:59 JST (GMT/UTC+9)
• Applications that arrive after the deadline shall not be accepted.
• Those who would like to receive travel scholarships must apply by the first deadline, 3rd May.
• You can submit the application form only once. Even if you submit more than twice, only the first one will be counted.
Interview for Scholarship candidates
Those who passed the document screening will be invited to Skype interview.
The schedule of interview will be informed via email by 17th May, and the interview will be held from 18th to 25th May.
*Interviews are not held for Self-funded candidates
Announcement of Selection
Successful applicants will be selected on a rolling-basis and notified of their results by email by 11th May for early applicants.
If you are selected as a member of IDYF 2019, we will send you an email to confirm your participation in our forum. In case you do not pass this selection process, we will not send any information to you. The successful applicants who would like to attend must reply within a week of notification.
Once you confirm the selection result, you cannot cancel your participation.
In order to apply, .