Call for Applications for House of Europe Programme for Ukrainian Social EntrepreneursCamps 27.09.2019
Call for EU-based Organiser to host a study tour for Ukrainian Social Entrepreneurs, as part of the EU-funded House of Europe Programme
Deadline: 08 October 2019
Open to: government-funded organisations, social enterprises, civil society organisations and non-governmental organisations that have operated in the social enterprise sector for at least three years and are based in the EU.
Grant: The maximum budget for the study tour is €17,000 (including the Organiser’s fees and all relevant taxes, but excluding international airfares, visas and airport transfers within Ukraine, which the British Council will cover and organise).
House of Europe is a programme that aims to foster professional and creative exchange between Ukraine and Europe in the sectors of culture and the creative industries, education, health, social entrepreneurship media, and youth work.
As part of House of Europe, the British Council plans to organise nine study tours for social entrepreneurs or social enterprise representatives to different European countries. Through these study tours we will aim to look at different aspects of social enterprise (including enabling policies, business strategy and business models, product development, social responsibility business principles, sustainability and growth, education and training, business support mechanisms etc.) to observe the best models and approaches existing in countries across Europe.
The British Council is looking for an EU-based Organiser who will curate and host the first study tour in the series at the beginning of February 2020 within their respective country and who will provide advisory and logistical support. The study tour will include up to ten participants (eight social entrepreneurs from Ukraine, one representative of the British Council programme team, and possibly one translator).
Eligible applicants can be government-funded organisations, social enterprises, civil society organisations and non-governmental organisations that have operated in the social enterprise sector for at least three years and are based in the EU. UK-based organisations are eligible to apply for this call and the UK is an eligible host country for this study tour.
- In-depth knowledge of the social enterprise landscape and key sector trends and stakeholders;
- Established connections with various local social enterprises, social entrepreneurs and their networks;
- Experience in organising events, training, workshops and / or study tours,
- Proposed programme of the study tour;
- Value for money.
Experience of working with international organisations and/or EU-funded programmes will be an advantage.
The proposal should provide the following information:
- Description of the organisation applying, including an outline of the applicant’s experience, contacts and networks in their national social enterprise sector, and a summary of the applicant’s experience of organising similar events, trainings, workshops and/or study tours;
- Outline of the proposed study tour programme, including suggestions of cities and organisations to visit, capacity building elements and other activities;
- Estimated budget breakdown (taking into consideration the budget limit and the number of participants - up to 10). The budget should be presented in euros (using current exchange rates where needed).
- CV of the assignment manager.
Detailed Terms of Reference are available by the link.