First Europeans for Peace Youth ConferenceConferences 29.08.2018
The Declaration of Human Rights of 1948 was a fundamental response to historical injustice, especially the unprecedented Nazi crimes and the Second World War. But where do human rights stand in the year 2018? At the first youth conference Right here, right now: Human Rights! we discuss the importance of human rights for us personally and for social solidarity. Together we look at their origin, the 30 articles and embed them in current contexts, such as escape and migration. We also address the question: What can each of us do to defend human rights? In the course of the conference we learn tools to get involved in everyday life. We’ll be celebrating together the spirit of 70 years of human rights.
Arrival day is on November 9, the departure will be on November 12. Check-In starts at 4pm, check-out will be at 1 pm.
- In principle, all interested young people between the ages of 16-27 can participate. The only limitation: You must live in a country that is a member of the Council of Europe or Israel.
- You can participate alone or in a small group.
- Participation in the conference is free of charge.
- In principle, we cover all international travel costs, visa costs and the costs of local transport in Berlin. However, you must adhere to our travel expenses regulations. You can find out more about this in our detailed fact sheet.
- We would like to ask you to book your own tickets for your arrival and departure. In the Single Euro Payment Area (SEPA-countries), travel expenses can be reimbursed by bank transfer.
- For participants from Israel, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Macedonia and Georgia we would like to arrange the travel booking for you.
Registration is open between August 27 - September 17, 2018. We have a limited contingent of 65 participants. If more people register than there are places available, we reserve the right to make a selection that ensures the best possible balance in terms of regional distribution, participation context, gender etc.
We will send you a binding confirmation of participation or a waiting list by September 25. However, your registration is binding. If in the meantime you notice that you cannot participate, please inform us by September 17 at the latest.
In order to apply, .