Call for Applications, WordCamp Bucharest 2018Conferences 08.07.2018
WordCamp Bucharest 2018 is right around the corner, and with more than 260 attendees from countries all around the globe, we’ve set out to discover the most insightful, smart & WordPress loving people out there.
The Call For Speakers is officially open and you are invited to apply!
We are looking for speakers to share their WordPress knowledge, skill, experience, and personal stories with us at WordCamp Bucharest, happening October 27-28, 2018 at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Romania Business Center.
Important Speaker Submission Dates:
- Submissions close August 15, 2018
- Speakers will be announced starting August 1st, 2018
- All applications will receive notification of their application status by August 28, 2018
- Please understand that we are all volunteers and may not be able to personally respond to each submission with a detailed response.
- Active WordPress users & lovers
- Speaking experience is not mandatory, but a passion to engage the audience is a plus
- Experience in the field your topic pertains to
- You have new & fresh insights and are willing to share them with our international audience
WordCamp does not cover expenses or travel costs for our speakers, this is one of our WP Foundation global policies. Speakers are 100% volunteers, and we are extremely grateful for their help.
We do want to feature our local WordPress talent and users, so preference will be given to local speakers. To those outside Romania, don’t let this discourage you! Each submission will be thoroughly read and discussed.
Preference will also be given to talks directly tied to WordPress, WordPress plugins, WordPress-related tools, and resources, and/or helping attendees use, leverage, or do more with WordPress.
We’re currently looking for talks related to the following topics (though other topics are welcome):
- Blogging and content creation
- WordPress development tools
- Contributing to WordPress and related open source projects
- PHP, plugin development, theme development, speed, containers, virtual machines
- Cyber security, privacy, legal issues related to online presence
- Business, working with clients
- Managing a small WordPress agency
- Design, UI, UX
- Тime management/dealing with stress/distributed work
- Remote working
- How to manage a WordPress project
- How our company used WordPress to achieve something
- SEO for WordPress
- WordPress and GPL
- Anything else you deem appropriate for a WordCamp
If you’d like to propose multiple topics, please submit the form multiple times, once for each topic.
In order to apply, .