Call for Applications, Nantes Creative Generations Forum 2019 in FranceConferences 16.04.2019
Deadline: 3 June 2019
Open to: participants between the ages of 18 and 30 years old from all over Europe
Venue: 23-26 October 2019 in Nantes, France
The next NCG Forum will take place in Nantes on 23-26 October 2019
You are between 18 and 30 years, in charge of a project that strenghten the notion of citizenship in your city ? You want to share it and to take part a great meeting gathering over 60 participants from all over Europe, participating in workshops, festive and cultural moments ?
Everywhere in Europe, from Amsterdam to Séville, from Warsaw to Nantes, young people engage and innovate in order to strengthen the quality of life in their community. Developing relations between citizens, solidarity, the protection of the environment, artistic collaboration – every initiative is unique but all of them have a common objective : to strengthen the notion of “living together”.
In order to allow these young people to meet, to learn and perhaps to experiment with new forms of projects within Europe, the Nantes Creative Generations Forum brings participants together every year from Nantes and Europe to present a concrete initiative. The objective is to encourage and stimulate European exchanges so that they make progress together.
As well as showcasing their own projects, participants will have the chance to learn from peers across Europe and to gain better understanding of the European dimension of local projects. this is a unique opportunity to develop a project, reinforce / create a network, exchange good ideas, strengthen English skills, etc.
Over the course of 4 days in Nantes, participants from every background are invited to :
- Present a project or initiative
- Share best practice
- Develop skills in setting up projects in Europe
- Meet potential future partners with a view to setting up across-border projects which could be funded by the Cooperation Prize
- Have discussions with other young Europeans
- Take part in city visits, cultural and social events
- Plenary sessions, to present projects to other participants, take part in discussions and public radio shows, and summarise the work carried out in workshops.
- Workshops, to discuss specific themes in small groups and gain skills in setting up projects, in particular cross-border projects (methods, funding, communications tools, etc.).
- Informal time, an opportunity to share experiences in more depth during free time.
These are the conditions to participate to the Forum:
- To be aged between 18 and 30 years old
- To live and/or develop a project in Nantes Métropole or a Member state of the Council of Europe (+ Belarus)
- To present a concrete initiative
- To fill in the application form to be launched every year in spring.
Selection of projects :
Each year, 30 projects are presented : 10 from Nantes and 20 from all of Europe
- Projects must contribute to strengthen the notion of "living together", involve a "citizenship" approach in tits general sense and develop an original approach.
- They can be linked to a large range of thematics : environment, health, education, culture, sport, intercultural dialogue, fight again discriminations, media, etc.
- Projects must be concrete initiatives (Or at least in an advanced stage of reflection if not yet realized)
The call for applications is launched every year from March to June.
Projects to participate to the Forum are selected by a jury in June and notified in July.
Cost & Scholarship
- Transport, accommodation and food costs of European participants are covered by Nantes Métropole (Maximum 2 participants per project).
- Please note that selected participants are asked to book their transport tickets themselves. The organization will then refund travel expenses up to 400 Euros per person, according to the original receipts and tickets sent by the participants. Refunds are provided approximatively 2 months after the Forum.
The recruitment for this programme will be conducted on a competitive basis. All applicants will be notified about the results via e-mail.
To be considered for this programme, interested parties should submit their application with the following materials by 14 April 2019, midnight, CET:
- up-to-date CV (one page, in PDF)
- a reference letter (signed, in PDF)
- a proof of English proficiency (language exam certificate (C1/advanced) or diploma, in PDF)
- online application form submitted through our website, which includes the following questions.
Deadline of application: 14 April 2019, midnight, CET
In order to apply, register HERE.
If you have any questions, please write to: email@example.com.