UNESCO World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2019 in Baku, AzerbaijanConferences 26.04.2019
Deadline: 01 May 2019
Open to: participants from Angola, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Burkina Faso, China, Cuba, Guatemala, Hungary, Indonesia, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Norway, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Spain, Tunisia, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zimbabwe
Benefits: fully funded
The World Heritage Committee is comprised of representatives from 21 States Parties to the Convention concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage elected by the General Assembly of States Parties to the Convention.
The current composition of the Committee is as follows:
Angola, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Burkina Faso, China, Cuba, Guatemala, Hungary, Indonesia, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Norway, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Spain, Tunisia, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zimbabwe.
The essential functions of the Committee are:
- To identify, on the basis of nominations submitted by States Parties, cultural and natural properties of Outstanding Universal Value which are to be protected under the Convention, and to inscribe those properties on the World Heritage List;
- To monitor the state of conservation of properties inscribed on the World Heritage List, in liaison with States Parties; decide which properties included in the World Heritage List are to be inscribed on or removed from the List of World Heritage in Danger; decide whether a property may be deleted from the World Heritage List;
- To examine requests for International Assistance financed by the World Heritage Fund.
The 43rd session of the World Heritage Committee will be held in Baku from 30 June to 10 July 2019 at the Baku Congress Centre.
Participants of the World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2019 are expected to be:
- Aged between 23 and 32 years;
- Experienced in the field of World Heritage;
- Working on conservation and promotion of heritage in their regular activities, along with other young people;
- Motivated and committed to implementing the outcomes of the Forum in their respective countries;
- Available for the entire duration of the Forum;
- Proficient in English, as the Forum will be conducted entirely in English.
All related expenses (economy class flights, accommodation, local transportation and meals) will be covered by the host country for the duration of the Forum. The organizers will also assist in the travel preparations, and will provide support to the participants who need a visa. If any participant wishes to extend his/her stay, all related costs will be covered by the participant. In such a case, the organizers should be informed in advance, in order to make all the necessary arrangements. Before arriving in Azerbaijan, participants are requested to prepare a short presentation on one of the World Heritage sites in their respective country, linked to the theme of the Forum. All participants are also requested to bring some samples of traditional food and drinks, and a flag of their country, to share on an intercultural night.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please register here.
For more information, please visit the official web page.