Call for Applications for 2019 Summer Seminar for Young Public Policy ProfessionalsConferences 14.03.2019
Deadline: 21 April 2019 (extended)
Open to: participants between the ages of 25 and 35 years old, from Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Georgia, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Turkey and Ukraine
Venue: 03 – 07 June 2019 in Albena, Bulgaria
The Economic Policy Institute (EPI) looks forward to hosting the 20th anniversary edition of its flagship regional initiative: the traditional Summer Seminar for Young Public Policy Professionals from South Eastern Europe and the Black Sea region. SS2019, entitled “Public Policy Challenges – European and Regional Dimensions”, will be held in the period 3 – 7 June 2019 at Albena resort on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast (close to the city of Varna).
After a competitive selection process the regional seminar will bring together a diverse group of 40 outstanding young public policy professionals from state institutions and policy-oriented think-tanks/research centers from South Eastern Europe (SEE) and the Black Sea region.
During the five-day international forum they will meet distinguished international experts and practitioners, discuss specific issues concerning:
- good governance and digital transformation in the public sector;
- current policy challenges on the European and global agenda;
- EU Enlargement and Neighbourhood policy;
- regional cooperation in SEE & Black Sea area.
Beside the key-notes and lectures, the event, which serves also as a platform for exchange of expertise and ideas, will feature intensive discussions in a working-group format and tailor-made interactive modules.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
SS2019 welcomes applications from young professionals from SEE and Black Sea countries who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- to be aged 25 – 35 years;
- to possess proven expert background;
- to have excellent written and spoken command of English (above B2).
Eligible Nationalities: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Georgia, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Turkey and Ukraine.
Each year a limited number of full and partial scholarships as well as travel subsidies are available for specific groups of candidates. Detailed information on participation costs, financial assistance and eligibility criteria is provided in the table below.
• Candidates planning to apply for full scholarship support are strongly advised to submit their applications as early as possible.
• EPI encourages applicants to seek other alternatives before requesting a travel subsidy (only for eligible candidates).
• Travel grants are already available for candidates from the following countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey
• Please, kindly take note that Type C candidates (NGO/think-tank, academia representatives) from all 15 countries are exempt from paying the participation fee. They could still apply for scholarships covering accommodation and/or meals as well as travel subsidies (for eligible nationalities).
SS2019 participants will be selected through three independent application processes in an effort to ensure the optimal mix of professionals and favorable group dynamics.
Please, click on and submit the online application form that best describes you as a candidate: