Ad Astra Early Career Fellowships , University College Dublin
Published on: 2019-04-29
UCD is a research-intensive global university with purpose, drive and ambition. To contribute to the achievement of our mission and vision, we wish to hire additional faculty who share our ambition and our values: excellence, creativity, collegiality, engagement, integrity and diversity.
UCD has developed a new Central Pool Academic Appointments initiative that is aligned with the University Strategy key objectives:
1. Increase the quality, quantity and impact of our research, scholarship and innovation.
2. Provide an educational experience that defines international best practice.
3. Consolidate and strengthen our disciplines.
4. Conduct strong interdisciplinary research and education in important areas of national and global need.
5. Attract and retain an excellent and diverse cohort of students, faculty and staff.
6. Build our engagement locally, nationally and internationally.
7. Develop and strengthen our University community.
The UCD Ad Astra Fellows programme is one part of this initiative. Approximately 65 appointments will be made at Lecturer/Assistant Professor grade each year targeting high potential early-stage academics. Applications are invited across all academic disciplines represented in UCD. Excellence, creativity and the interest and capacity to engage across disciplines are underpinning values.
The UCD Ad Astra Fellows programme is extremely competitive and applicants are expected to have research outputs in the pipeline that will readily transition to research activity within UCD.
Read more: http://www.ucd.ie/adastrafellows/