Residency for International Creators in JapanFellowship 30.08.2019
The “Residency for International Creators with Exploratory Projects 2020” is now accepting applications.
- a. be currently living outside of Japan and be a citizen of a country other than Japan.
- b. have previously shown works at international art festivals, film festivals, game shows, comic festivals, etc. Being awarded a prize or included in the Jury Selection at the Japan Media Arts Festival in the past.
- c. be between the ages of 20 and 35 (not definite, as applicantʼs previous career will also be considered)
- d. be able to speak either English or Japanese fluently enough to communicate in everyday situations.
- e. in good health.
- f. be able to participate in remote interviews (i.e. have access to a computer with Skype connected to the internet).
- g. have no criminal records.
The deadline for application is September 30, 2019.
We look forward to receiving many enthusiastic proposals from all over the world!
For details please check Application Guide.
This residency program is part of the “Project to Support Emerging Media Arts Creators” organized by the Agency for Cultural Affairs, Government of Japan (Bunka-cho in Japanese). Emerging artists in Media Arts (Media Geijutsuin Japanese) around the world are invited to come and stay in Tokyo to create new works. Whether the works are media art, videos, games, animations, or manga, the artists will be able to experience Japanese Media Arts culture, with additional opportunities to meet with Japanese creators to discuss their works. The aim of this program is not only to support the realization of works and research projects but also to stimulate cross-cultural dialogues through Media Arts.