Call for Applications: ZUKOnnect Fellowships for Scholars from Africa, Asia and Latin AmericaFellowship 19.02.2020
Deadline: 1 October 2020
Open to: people from and Africa, Latin America and Asia that have doctorate degree or are doctoral students
The Zukunftskolleg Konnect Fellowships support early career researchers from Africa, Asia and Latin America related to one of the thirteen departments of the University of Konstanz. As ZUKOnnect Fellow, you can use this time to extend your research networks and to get to know the research environment at the University of Konstanz, without losing your ties to your home university. As these fellowships can build a first bridge to the German and European academic system, we also encourage doctoral students in their last year to apply. The Zukunftskolleg will not offer employment contracts for ZUKOnnect Fellows.
The selected applicants will:
- Will live in Konstanz or nearby throughout the ZUKOnnect Fellowship (the Welcome Centre of the University of Konstanz will offer support with all organizational aspects of relocating to Konstanz);
- Actively contribute to the interdisciplinary dialogue at the Zukunftskolleg during the weekly Jour Fixe meetings (during semester);
- Interact with fellows and researchers in relevant departments at the University of Konstanz;
- Will give a presentation in a seminar or a public lecture;
- Applicants should acknowledge Zukunftskolleg support in any publications resulting from the stay;
- Will write a short report on your activities and achievements (within 6 months of completing the ZUKOnnect Fellowship).
- A stipend of EUR 1.200 per month for doctoral students and EUR 2.000 per month for postdoctoral researchers (following DAAD guidelines)
- Standard expenses for economy-class travel to Konstanz and back;
- Access to events organized by the Zukunftskolleg;
- Access to library resources;
- Access to IT services;
- Access to research support services (via Research Support);
- After the research stay at the Zukunftskolleg, ZUKOnnect Fellows can extend their affiliation with a digital fellowship for additional 6 months.
- The applicant and the applicant’s work should originate in a country of Latin America, Asia or Africa;
- The applicant holds a doctorate (max. 2 year of postdoctoral experience) OR are a doctoral student in your last year;
- The applicant doesn’t hold a permanent professorship, nor do you have a Habilitation or equivalent (Venia legendi);
- The research project should tie in with one of the disciplines represented at the University of Konstanz;
- The applicant should name a researcher at the University of Konstanz with whom they intend to collaborate (no need to contact person(s) in advance);
- Preference will be given to applicants who plan to team up with one of the current Zukunftskolleg Fellows.
Application is HERE
For more information: WEBSITE