Vacancy for Consultant (freelance)Freelancer 10.06.2019
ADE is a private consultancy company based in Louvain-la-Neuve, with offices in Brussels. We support decision-makers in evaluating public policies.
ADE concentrates on four main areas: evaluation of public programmes and policies; regional policies and innovation; economic policies and public finance; and agriculture, rural development and environment. ADE has also developed a specific knowledge related to impact evaluations using mixed methods with a counterfactual approach.
Key clients include the European Commission (various Directorates-General), EU Member States’ or Regions, cooperation agencies, the International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie), etc.
The Agriculture, Rural Development and Environment Department
ADE’s Agriculture, Rural Development and Environment Department is specialized in the evaluation of public policies, notably the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) first and second pillar. The evaluation of agricultural policies and rural development is an evolving area of expertise in which ADE has gained solid experience since the 1990s.
The department is currently implementing a Framework Contract for DG AGRI for the evaluation studies of CAP measures contributing to the general objective of balanced territorial development.
ADE is looking for a Medium/Senior Freelance consultant to collaborate to the preparation and implementation of evaluation studies implemented in this framework. A special focus on knowledge exchange and advisory activities is an asset. The contract should last ±12 months. Foreseen input is estimated to an average of 5 to 10 working-days per month. Please note that this is mainly home-based work (with some travels to Brussels or EU Member States).
- Master university degree, preferably in Agronomy, Economics or any degree related to Rural Development, Agriculture and Environment or Evaluation;
- Experience and/or excellent knowledge of the CAP rural development, agriculture and environment and evaluation of public policies or research programmes;
- Previous experience in Evaluation of CAP
- Excellent level of written and spoken English (C2) ;
- Good command of the main computer software packages (Word, PowerPoint and Excel);
Main skills required
- Strong analytical skills
- Expertise in impact evaluations using rigorous mixed-methods approaches, conduct of statistic and econometric analysis.
- Solid capabilities in qualitative and quantitative data analysis;
- Good writing skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams;
- Organisational and planning skills
Interested candidates should send their application (CV + cover letter) in English or French to firstname.lastname@example.org for July 1st, 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted