Global Grants for Peacebuilding ActivitiesGrants 21.06.2013
Deadline: 9 August, 2013
Open to: locally based organisations or community associations, established for at least 2 years, which is undertaking peacebuilding work:
Grants: $4,000 funding for peacebuilding activities
Are you a peacebuilder? Do you need some support to help you grow your impact and your organisation? If you meet the entry criteria, you can now apply to win the ‘Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders’ competition.
Peace Direct believes that in every conflict there are local organisations doing remarkable work to prevent violence and build peace. Since 2004, they have sent over £2 million in funding to dozens of peacebuilding groups across Africa, Asia and Latin America, and they’ve mapped and profiled 700 more on the website Insight on Conflict. Now Peace Direct is launching ‘Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders’, a new competition to find the best emerging peacebuilding organisations.
This is a global competition and there is no geographical restriction on applications. In order to be eligible to enter, you must:
- be a registered organisation or community association, established for at least 2 years
- be undertaking peacebuilding work: your organisation will be either a peacebuilding organisation or have peacebuilding as a substantial element of your work.
- have a maximum annual turn-over of $40,000 or less
- be locally based: Your organisation must be based in the country/communities where your work will be done. Your organisation should be an independent organisation, not an in-country or satellite organisation of an international NGO.
For more detailed information about eligibility criteria please read the terms and conditions.
Each winning entry will receive:
- $4,000 funding for peacebuilding activities
- The opportunity to attend a Peace Direct peacebuilder conference or visit another peacebuilding organisation
- Promotion of their work online.
In the longer term, Peace Direct will use this competition as part of our processes to find partner organisations that can further fund and help to scale up their work.
How to apply?
The French application form will be available shortly. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified when it is available.
Send completed applications to email@example.com.
Applications can be submitted from 20 June 2013. All entrants must be received by 9 August 2013. However, it is strongly recommended to apply as early as possible.
The winners will be announced on the International Day of Peace, September 21.