Vacancy for Video Production Intern in Baku, AzerbaijanInternships 15.08.2018
The U.S. Embassy in Baku is seeking individuals for a Video Production Intern position. Multiple selections may be made from this announcement.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This is NOT an offer of Federal Employment; There will be NO benefits; There will be NO COMPENSATION.
Note: All information and statement submitted for an internship vacancy are subject to verification. Any willful misstatement will result in elimination for internship consideration and if the individual is hired, subject to immediate termination irrespective of the length of internship.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
The Video Production intern works in a key office in the administrative section of the Embassy, the Community Liaison Office. The intern will assist with the writing, filming, and producing of short films about the history and culture of Azerbaijan and what life is like for expats in Baku. A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office. Contact ext. 3847.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. EDUCATION: Current undergraduate or graduate student study is required.
2. LANGUAGE: Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Azerbaijani or Russian. Level III (Good Working Knowledge) of reading/speaking/writing in the other language is required.
3. KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: The intern must possess skills in writing, filming, and editing of short films. Good working knowledge about Azerbaijan's history, culture and customs, and famous locations is required. Basic computer skills are required (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and Internet).
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Azerbaijani citizen student in good academic standing at his/her current educational institution.
- Must be a continuing student upon completion of the internship.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- All applicants must have medical insurance.
- After selection, the student must receive security and medical clearance before receiving a formal offer of internship.