Vacancy for Economics and Finance Intern in Brussels, BelgiumInternships 03.12.2018
Insurance Europe is the European insurance and reinsurance federation. Through its 35 member bodies — the national insurance associations — Insurance Europe represents all types of insurance and reinsurance undertakings, eg pan-European companies, monoliners, mutuals and SMEs. Insurance Europe, which is based in Brussels, represents undertakings that account for around 95% of total European premium income. Insurance makes a major contribution to Europe’s economic growth and development. European insurers generate premium income of €1 200bn, directly employ over 940 000 people and invest over €10 100bn in the economy.
For our Economics and Finance department, we are looking for a (m/f)
Economics and finance intern
In this role, you will support Insurance Europe’s economics and finance department in the area of prudential regulation and/or international affairs:
- Support the preparation Working Group meetings in drafting the supporting documents and presentations, as well as follow-up of actions;
- Contribute to the understanding of issues (eg actuarial, risk management related issues) and draft memos when required;
- Perform research on ad-hoc issues and maintaining files up-to-date;
- The intern will be considered as part of the team and given responsibilities up to his/her abilities;
- Other day-to-day duties as assigned under the supervision by the head of department.
- University studies e.g. economics, actuarial sciences, risk management;
- Very good analytical skills and proven ability to synthesise feedback;
- Active listener, skilled and efficient communicator;
- Able to work independently and in a team;
- Excellent drafting skills.
This internship provides a great opportunity to gain valuable work experience in a stimulating international environment. You will have the possibility to participate in projects that will influence the European insurance industry over the coming years. Paid internship for a period of four to six months.
Please address application letters and curriculum vitae to Insurance Europe, Rue Montoyer 51, 1000 Bruxelles for the attention of Koen Ameye (e-mail: email@example.com).