Vacancy for Trainee - Human Resources Department in Prague, Czech RepublicInternships 20.05.2018
1) The Traineeship
The European GNSS Agency (GSA) provides university students and graduates with a unique and first-hand experience in the working environment of the European Navigation Satellite Systems, and of the EU institutions in general.
It will take place at the GSA headquarters at Janovského 438/2, Prague 7, Czech Republic and shall last preferably from 1 August 2018 to 31 January 2018. The traineeship contract will be concluded for 6 months, which may be extended for further 3 months (maximum twice) or further 6 months (maximum once). The maximum duration of the contract is therefore 12 months. The GSA reserves the right, however, to conclude individual contracts according to which the traineeship commencement/end will deviate from the above dates specified.
Depending on the HR area of assignment, the trainee will be expected to carry out the following duties under supervision:
- Support in drafting vacancy notices and publication of vacancy notices on various websites
- Registration and eligibility check of all applications
- Coordination, preparation and finalisation of selection procedure documents – e.g. interview questions, written tests, score forms, final proposal
- Coordination of meetings of the selection board and interviews
- Management of all communication with candidates (e.g. invitations, rejection letters, offer letters)
- Coordination of the reimbursement process for candidates (e.g. collection of documents, obtaining internal approval for reimbursements, physical and electronic filing and follow up)
- Drafting grading fiches for different types of contracts
HR Administration Support
- Assist during the coordination of the entry-into-service processes
- Assist during establishment of staff individual rights and obligations, in accordance with the applicable regulations and policies
- Assist in coordination of absence management
- Assist in management and regular update of HR Intranet (organisational chart, rules, HR announcements, etc.)
- Assist during the implementation of social measures for staff and their families
- Assist in management of HR electronic tool (currently Allegro)
- Management of employee data in multiple HR software
- Preparation of personnel files (electronic and physical)
- Assistance in relocation support to expatriates moving to Czech Republic
Staff Development Support
- Support in coordination and organisation of training events, workshops and other activities
- Assist in developing and implementing training programmes
- Administration of training requests (registration, processing, filing)
Other administrative support upon need and requirements (e.g. assisting the HR team in document and file management). The area of assignment within HR may change as required by Agency’s needs.
2. Admission and selection criteria
The traineeship is open to applicants who have not previously undertaken a traineeship at the GSA and who meet the following requirements:
A. Admission criteria
- Nationality of any Member State of the European Union and of Iceland and Norway
- Possess or pursue a recognised post-secondary or higher education degree (university education or equivalent), evidencing completion of a full cycle of study, or in the case of candidates who are at the end of their studies, an official attestation from their university or school stating the marks obtained
- Some initial experience in one of the areas of work of the Agency obtained either through specialisation as part of the applicant’s studies for a university degree, a dissertation or other research project conducted as part of their studies or through professional experience or a previous traineeship
- Thorough knowledge of English, both spoken and written and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union
- A clean criminal record
B. Selection criteria
- Experience of work or study in the area of Human Resources Management / Business Administration / Public Administration / EU Studies etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience of the workings of the EU institutions will be an asset
- Good knowledge of IT applications (word, excel and any other is an asset)
- Proactive attitude and ability to adjust to new tasks in demanding work environments
- Service mind-set
3. Application procedure
- Candidates must submit their application electronically. Their application must be composed of a signed CV in Europass format and a motivation letter (maximum one page).
- Candidates are requested to send their application in English, the working language of the GSA.
- Applications must be sent to email@example.com by 18 June 2018 at 11:59 am (GMT+2) and the subject title of the email should include “SURNAME Name HR Traineeship”.
Only complete applications containing the above mentioned documents and sent within the deadline will be taken into consideration.
GSA applies equal opportunities and accepts applications without distinction on the grounds of age, race, political, philosophical or religious conviction, sex or sexual orientation and regardless of disabilities, marital status or family situation.