Vacancy for EU Advocacy and Communications Assistant (Intern) in Brussels, BelgiumInternships 29.11.2018
About Instinctif Partners
Instinctif Partners is a global business communications consultancy with 22 offices across 13 countries in the world. The Brussels office of IP focuses on EU public affairs and services provided to corporate and association clients. We help our clients achieve their business objectives utilising our understanding of politics, government and regulation. We offer the range of public policy disciplines from strategic political counsel and regulatory advice, through to government relations, lobbying and public affairs. We pride ourselves at being experts in consultation, trade association management, and competition policy.
About the position
We are currently recruiting an “EU Advocacy and Communications Assistant” to join our Brussels public policy team to start in January. The position is remunerated (under a convention d‘immersion professionnelle contract) and is for an initial 6 months period subject to extension. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to the team by researching and monitoring political issues and implementing external communications projects.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Conducting research on policy issues and regulatory structures
- Drafting reports, providing summaries, updating legislative databases
- Contacting institutional officials
- Attending conferences and events to network and report back
- Executing and monitoring event registration, including preparation of event invitations, sending and follow-up
- Supporting the implementation of external communications projects
- Assist in drafting the new content and editorial strategy
- Administrative tasks (answering phones, welcoming guests, supporting Office Manager)
Required skills & qualifications for the role:
- Academic background in European studies / political science / international relations Social Sciences or any other relevant field
- Prior internship experience with an EU institution / consultancy / trade association is an advantage
- Strong motivation to learn and work in European Public Affairs
- Awareness of political parties, major political issues and their dynamics in the EU and its Member States
- Excellent research and communication skills
- Proficiency in English and at least in one other EU official language (preferably Spanish, German, Polish, Swedish)
- Well-organised, sociable and pro-active attitude
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Perfect command of Twitter and LinkedIn
- Graphic design skills and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, as well as knowledge of CMS (Wordpress in particular), will be considered a strong asset
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “EU Advocacy and Communications EU Public Affairs Assistant” before the 10/12/2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and interviews will take place in Brussels.