Vacancy for Trainee, Social and Employment Policy in Brussels, BelgiumInternships 24.10.2018
Party of European Socialists (PES)
Trainee Social and Employment Policy (full-time)
- Supporting the work of the PES EU Policy Unit on social and employment policy;
- Providing research and briefings on EU social and employment policy;
- Supporting the drafting of political papers, for example policy papers, speeches and press material;
- Assistance in organizing meetings and events;
- Attending at congresses, conferences, meetings, seminars and preparing reports for the PES;
- Contribute to other duties as assigned.
- A high degree of political awareness and commitment to the core values of the PES;
- Very good understanding of European decision-making, EU institutions and European politics;
- University degree or relevant experience in field of Social and Employment Policy;
- Excellent research and writing skills;
- Experience in organizing meetings and events would be an asset;
- Excellent English and at least 1 other EU language;
- A flexible team-player with a high degree of motivation and pro-activeness;
- A good command of office IT skills.
- Location: PES Headquarters, 10-12 Rue Guimard, Brussels
- Duration: starting a.s.a.p. for 6 months
- This is a paid internship
Please send your application letter, accompanied by a detailed CV, to Marije Laffeber, PES Deputy Secretary General, before 6/11/2018. Applications should be sent by e-mail to:
email@example.com with the subject: INTERN SOCIAL AND EMPLOYMENT POLICY.
The PES promotes equal opportunities in its recruitment.